Florida-West Coast
Options

Groomsmen Suits

My FI has been way more picky than me about what he and his GM's will wear (which is actually pretty adorable!).  We finally decided on nice tan/sandy colored suits with white button down shirts.  We went to look for them this weekend since we were having a hard time finding ones to rent.  We found them at macy's and they took 20% off since we bough in bulk.  Problem you ask?  We forgot about one of our GM being a bigger size than the rest and Macy's did not actually carry  his size.  We thought okay, we will at least buy what we can and then try to find the suit at a different location....fast forward to four shops and numerous online searches later...there was not one that matched exactly the same.

We found a tan suit that is a bit darker and is linen (rather than the cotton in the other ones).  The GM we bought it for really likes it, he is fine having the suit being a bit different.  My FI and I aren't too distressed about it either...but what do you think?  Is it weird to have one GM stand out like that?  It isn't extremely obvious but it is a different color.  Do you think it will look odd in pics?  BTW, this GM is not the BM otherwise it might make more sense.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Groomsmen Suits

• Options
    Roltide75Roltide75 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    from all of my blog searching and wedding involvement-- daughter's husband had suits in mind

All pictures we saw 1) had them all the same Or 2) had the groom in a different color

never saw one with one gm different

JosABanks has some great sales and that is where the son in law found his

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't worry about it. If it is just a slight difference I am sure no one would say when looking at your pics "OMG is suit is a different color!!!!"..... Besides, people better be looking at YOU more then him Laughing My wedding planning mantra is "Don't sweat the small stuff".

On a side note, my fiancé wants his guys in the same look. The light tan suits with just white button downs (I would like them to wear ties but fiancé does not want them to, just he will to stand out). Another mantra “Pick your battles” lol I’ve every other battle so I gave that one up. Anyway, we were thinking of renting them, did you look into that option or could you not find them? I haven’t even looked yet but I am worried I won’t be able to. Plus, we don’t need vests or ties or anything else. I feel bad asking them to buy a suit, do you mind sharing how much you paid for each? I wonder if it’s the same as or close to the renting price anyway.  Thx!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cmeyer3946cmeyer3946 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If it were me, it would bother me.  Linen wrinkles like crazy and he will stand out being wrinkled and a different color.  But it doesn't seem like it bothers you or FI at all so why worry?  I agree with pick your battles.

If you want us to be on the hunt for the right color suit, give us the challenge.  That's what we're here for.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I agree with whole linen wrinking ting...originally i wanted nothing to do with linen but it was what we could find. The gentleman that is wearing the off-color suit is a 52L and 44W....if any of you know of online clothes store or stores that carry larger sizes for males that we could search in, that would be great.  I feel like we might miss out if we don't get them ASAP b/c they are probably more of a summer look and we are moving into back to school season in the stores (how time does fly...)

In regards to renting v. buying...there were not suits that we saw for rent.  Only tuxes.  The majority of places we looked for tux rental did not carry the tuxes in the tan color.  The suits that we found were LESS than renting them elsewhere (includes men's wearhouse, sacino's, and a local place called Hubbards...)  We did not want to have the GM's have to purchase something astronomical.  The suit itself is less than $150 and its geoffrey beene...i thought it was an awesome deal.

I don't think it is a huge deal, but I think I will search around a bit still as well.  If any of you ladies see something please share =)

• Options
    cmeyer3946cmeyer3946 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  I'm not sure which nottie recommended them but she gave them great reviews so I had checked them out before FI decided to go J. Crew.   This is an email from Sacino.  They do rent suits reasonably priced.  You might contact them about

Hi Christy,
    We rent a beautiful Sand destination suit.  It rents for $109.95.  We
    do rent the pants only.  $25.00 Each for the pants.
    If your groom would consider renting his suit then everyone would have
    the matching pants and he would also have the jacket.
    This is a common look for the beach weddings here.  Sometimes the
    fathers also wear the coats so they can also look special.
    Hope this helps!

Cynthia Bacso
    Store Manager
    Sacino's Formalwear &
    Fine Dry Cleaning
    3430 Fairfield Avenue South
    Saint Petersburg, FL 33711

727.328.1555 P
    727.323.1940x318 DC
    727.323.4053 F
    stpete@sacino.com
    www.sacino.com/" target="_blank">www.sacino.com

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am a little late to the response on this...

Do you knwo if the size is available, just not through Macy's?

I could have sworn there was a Geoffrey Beene outlet store in Wrentham - maybe check to see if they are still there?  Also, there may few other stores there you may be able to find larger sizes & match something up.

Other thought...contact the company (geoffrey beene) and see if the suit comes in that size and where it could be purchased..

I will keep on the look out & Good Luck!
    updated: 8/23 the wedding plan 60 in the mailimage 42 Bags are packedimage 18 Missing the funimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    THanks Ladies! you all are the best!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards