Florida-West Coast
Options

outdoor (not beach) ceremony/reception venue

Hello!  We're looking for an outdoor venue to hold our ceremony and reception.  I fell in love with Selby Gardens in Sarasota, but they're already booked for our date.  I've checked out Sunken Gardens in St. Pete too.  We're looking for something outdoor (obviously ;)); it can be around water, but we don't want a beach wedding.  Any suggestions?  Please and thank you!

Re: outdoor (not beach) ceremony/reception venue

• Options
    mitchsbridemitchsbride member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rusty Pelican is really nice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ybor City Musem Garden in Tampa is really pretty! It's outdoors, has a wonderful fountain and it's inexpensive. I've attended a wedding and a holiday party there when it was decorated with hanging lanterns and floating votives/flower petals in the fountain....GORGEOUS! Link: http://www.ybormuseum.org/garden

Also, the St. Pete Museum of Fine Arts has an outside garden for ceremonies then 2 different room choices for the reception, it's on the Pier for great pics and the guest will have free reign of the art to look at! (save money on decorations!) Or, across the street at the Vinoy St. Pete they have a beautiful Tea Garden for ceremonies outside and multiple rooms for receptions based on guest count and budget. It's absolutely beautiful, but the priciest of the 3 I looked at.

I hope that gives you a start....good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Safety Harbor Resort and Spa have an outdoor area and beautiful reception rooms. Davis Island Garden club is also nice

577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    LisaMat2011LisaMat2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Selby gardens, it's such a beautiful place! Have you looked into Sarasota Garden club or Ca d'Zan by the Ringling museum?
  • Options
    ShakeUpTampaShakeUpTampa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Karnes Stables in Lutz is where we are having it, they do receptions too but we are only doing our ceremony there as I wanted an indoor reception.
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    rmjones6rmjones6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    tampa bay watch!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-west-coast_outdoor-not-beach-ceremonyreception-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:62Discussion:fb69e059-2d02-408e-a417-20be9c2e7d1bPost:ee0e3db1-6ae9-40d7-8138-812b16e157b3">Re: outdoor (not beach) ceremony/reception venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]tampa bay watch!
    Posted by rmjones6[/QUOTE]

I seriously LOVED Tampa Bay Watch! We did not end up getting married there but I loved it and the photos looked amazing. Hubs and I were married at Cross Creek ranch. It is all outside and very pretty too!

<a href="http://www.crosscreekranchfl.com/">www.crosscreekranchfl.com</a>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Kapoc Garden's - McMullen Booth Rd in Palm Harbor.  Absolutely gorgeous!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    steak4mesteak4me member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dunedin Country Club, Dunedin FL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards