Florida-West Coast

Longboat Key, Fl venue help

Does anyone know of anybody who has been married in Longboat Key, FL? We are looking to get married there.  Wedding is being planned for October 2012. 

Thank you, Steph & Tom

Re: Longboat Key, Fl venue help

• kkmcnearkkmcnear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We recently got married on Anna Maria Island which is close by.  It was a beautiful location.  We used Sand Petal Weddings for all our details.  Check out their website www.sandpetalweddings.com I believe they service Long Boat Key, too.  Congrats and Good Luck!
  • Angie.LapkovAngie.Lapkov member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were married on AMI as well, it's not that far from Longboat, i know that Hilton beach resort is very popular for weddings. Do you have your mind set on LBK or can you do it on another beach, after all beach is a beach, they pretty much look the same around here.
  • sfmcclure1sfmcclure1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much.  I will definitely check it out.
  • LisaMat2011LisaMat2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We will have a reception at Lido beach resort, check it out if you are interested. It's really neat, they have great beach access (semi-private) for hotel guests. They have beautiful gazebo at the court yard which will be awesome for photos.
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married in AMI as well and are having the reception at The Sandbar Restaurant. We are having our ceremony on the beach, but the Sandbar offers ceremonies as well. Beautiful sunsets!
  • heyyjude7heyyjude7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of my best friends got married at the Hilton, and it was fabulous.  It was also nice not having to drive after the reception, as the greater Sarasota area can be really spread out.  They had their rehearsal on Anna Maria, which was cool as well.
  • alison2486alison2486 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Longboat has a very different, more private feel that Anna Maria or Siesta (although I love them all!) Try the Chart House, Hilton, and the Longboat Key Club. Unfortuantly that "private beach feel" is because there aren't very many hotels/venues there. Longboat would be fantastic if you don't want random tourists lingering nearby.  For rehearsal dinner/reception you could also try St. Armandas Circle- lots of restaurants and shops to give you visitors exta things to do.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards