New York

Wedding gown alterations - Help!

Does anyone know where I can get alterations done on my wedding gown in the Syracuse area? I bought a dress out of state and cannot find a local placwe to get it altered. Evdery place I have called said I had to buy my dree there to have it altered there. Please Help! My wedding is in 6 months!

Re: Wedding gown alterations - Help!

• edited December 2011
    There is an awesome little shop on Erie Blvd... across from Sam's.  I think it's called something old, something new... maybe?!?!
    Anyway, it is a bridal consignment shop and the owner does alterations.  She is really sweet.  She is getting out of the selling part of it and focusing on alterations. 
    Also, Heart to Heart (outside of Syracuse off of the thruway) is wonderful.  They do alerations also.
    Finally, there is a seamstress named Mary Coleman (I think) sorry... not too great with names... I can check with one of my BMs- she used her to alter her wedding dress and several BM dresses.  She has come really highly recommended also. 
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much, you've been very helpful!
  • edited December 2011
    No problem.  Hope it helps!  Please let us knnow who you end up using for alterations.  We love reviews!!!
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Im getting married in May and havent done mine yet either...oops. So Monica thanks for the list! If Megan didnt ask, I would!

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • edited December 2011
    Ok, Im bumping this thread back up. I need to find shoes and get my dress altered asap and Im getting nervous. I read reviews on Something Old, Something New and they were not good :/ Heart to Heart is 1.5 hrs away...and ugh. Has anyone altered through Davids? Any idea on how expensive it is? Obvious I want it to be done right, but Im on a tight budget too.

Monica, do you know anything more about that Mary Coleman lady you mentioned?

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards