Ohio-Cincinnati

Ron Shuller Photography??

Anyone used Ron Shuller for your wedding pics? Would you recommend him?

Re: Ron Shuller Photography??

• edited December 2011
    No and no.  I personally do not like his work very much and I also didn't care for his personality.  It really all depends on how you mesh with the vendors you want to book, though.  I may not care for him, but you could love him.  It happens.  You might try at least meeting with him and see what you think.  He was a bit pricey for what you get, as well.  GL!
  • Dani3679Dani3679 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine used him almost 3 years ago and her pictures turned out great. I was in the wedding and Ron was her photographer and I didn't think he was bad. He gets a bad rap on here and I think it all just depends on your personality. I think he takes his job very seriously and that can be taken as him not having the greatest personality. I would agree with PP and say that you should at least meet with him and see how you mesh. After seeing all of my friends pics I know you would not be disappointed if you did choose him!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    no.......... he double booked my friends wedding and figured that out only 2 weeks before the wedding. needless to say it was a pain in the a$$ to find another photog in such a short time
  • stosha1stosha1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I contacted him to inquire about being a photog for our wedding (while we were in the interview stage) and he was rude to us. He made it sound like I was asking too many questions (yes, I want to know what kind of cameras you use and yes, I want to know if you shoot in digital or film). So based on that alone, I wouldn't recommend.
  • edited December 2011
    A friend of mine just got married last month and she used Ron Shuller her photos were extremly beautiful. She did say that he was sort of like a Nazi. He really didnt care that anything else was going on besides him taking pictures. I understand that he cares a lot about the pics and what bride doesnt but u also want them not treat it like a production. But I do think that u should meet w him and see what u think u might love him. Like I said the pics were beautiful and pricey.
  • edited December 2011
    I booked him, despite the bad rap he gets on here.  We were extremely happy with our engagement pics (pics in bio).  He's pricey, but not as pricey as Tine, Michael Bambino, Steph Carson, and Steve Lyons.  I would just interview with a bunch to get a feel for their personalities and book who you feel you mesh with.  He takes beautiful pics.
  • edited December 2011
    I talked with him at his table at the Bridal Show today. He seemed nice. He certainly wasn't as bubbly as some but in no way did I find him rude. I did spend considerable time looking through his books. I think they are beautiful. He is also very familiar with my reception venue. He has shot many weddings there. I think I will at least take my fiance and go talk with him. I was also very impressed with Thousand Words Photography that had a booth there.
  • jbifrojbifro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We met with Ron Shuller and while he was a little too pricey for us, we decided to use one of his photographers. After reviewing the different packages, my fiance and I decided on a package and Ron (being a professional photographer and knowing timelines well) suggested that we go with a cheaper package that was more reasonable with the timeline of our day. We appreciated that he was honest and didn't let us choose the more expensive package when it wasn't necessary. Also, I explained to him that I'm not a bridezilla but that I wanted to meet with one of his photographers before we booked because I wanted to make sure that I liked my photographer. It's important to me that I know what she is like since I will be spending the majority of my day with her. We liked her a lot and decided to book with them. I think an important thing to keep in mind when choosing a photographer (and other vendors as well) is that with the ecomony the way it is, a lot of places are going out of business/might go out of business. I would just be cautious and stick with one that has a good reputation and one who has been in business for awhile. We haven't had our pictures taken yet so I can't give advice on that. However, like you said, I looked through several of their albums and their pictures turn out very good.
  • dawnfraleydawnfraley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know one of Ron's top photographers right now but she is also starting up her own business so she's offering pretty good deals right now! If you would like her info, let me know! Good luck in your search!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards