New York

BM gifts-- is this tacky?

So I've been pondering BM gifts for months now, but have yet to make a decision on what I want to get for each of my wonderful ladies.

I started exploring options with the whole "shop like it's their birthday" thing in mind; however, I really want to make it relevant to the history I have with each lady- something memorable and special. For one of my girls, we went to college together and I saw a watch with the school's seal on it (more pricy), or a really beautiful pennant necklace with the school logo (not as pricy). We both adore our alma mater and it's where we met. I know for a lot of females they are particular about their jewelry, but I want it to be relevant.

Is it cliche and tacky? Not sure where to go from here...
image 131 invited image 120 are ready to party! image 11 will miss the festivities! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: BM gifts-- is this tacky?

• Not the least bit tacky! It shows that you've put some thought into it and there's sentiment behind it. I just plan on breaking the cardinal rule of etiquette and getting my BMs jewelry for the wedding, so you've already done better than me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I definitely don't think tacky, but I know as much as I love my alma mater, I probably wouldn't want jewlery dealing with it- what about an assortment of things from the school store? A mug, sweatshirt, note paper, beer coozy.... a gift basket type thing??
  • I looove my alma mater too, but would appreciate a new sweatshirt, drinkware, keychain, etc.  I really don't like jewelry, but that's just me.  If you think your BM would love jewelry, go for it.  I like the college idea.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • edited January 2012
    Thanks so much, ladies!! I was trying to keep the price point the same across the board, but I'm going to rethink it and see what I come up with. There are definitely are options! It is what we have in common, but you know, I could also do a really nice picture from from our school, maybe get it engraved??

Thanks again!
    image 131 invited image 120 are ready to party! image 11 will miss the festivities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards