New York
Options

Written RSVPs?

Hello ladies!  I was going to bring this to the invites/paper people but you have all been so helpful and great!  So I'm DIYing my invitations and I've heard it's ok to handwrite them if it's a small wedding.  But I decided to print them, but now I want to handwrite the RSVPs because I want them to be red with white writing to match my color story.  And I also think it will help if I can personalize it so people know there are no children coming.  Do you think that will look terrible?

Re: Written RSVPs?

• Options
    kpdorrkpdorr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Only if your handwriting looks like mine! I think if you are DIYing a lot of things and keep the colors and look consistent it would be fine! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    TBH, I think if the invite is printed and the RSVP is handwritten, the RSVPs might look sort of like an afterthought.

Would it be possible to handwrite them both?  Or to find a place that can print white on red for you?  I think it would make more sense if either both were handwritten or both were printed... but not alf and half.

Just my two cents.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    kks4471kks4471 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

In the old days, they used to hand write everything.  These days, hand writing the addresses on the envelopes is typically done, but I haven't heard of people hand writing invitations or RSVPs anymore.  I think it would be a little odd to have printed invitations and hand written RSVPs.  Do you have a sample you could show us?  I'm just not sure how cohesive it would look.

Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Can you just print them in red on white paper? Also you can have them printed somewhere like kinkos or staples in white ink. Maybe it would look okay if you used a script-looking font on your invites. Whatever you decide, they should look consistent and match in style.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    csharpe44csharpe44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I guess you're all right.  It would look inconsistent.  Thanks guys!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards