New York

Is this too much for flowers?

I just got a quote from a florist and the bridal bouquet is $185 for peonies, hydrangea, thistle, delphinium, and berries for a late-May wedding. The bridesmaids are $85. Does that sound reasonable?

How did you compare florists? Did you tell them exactly what kind of flowers you wanted and then compare the prices, or did you tell them a general idea of what you were looking for and then just go with the cheaper option? TIA
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Is this too much for flowers?

• raes19raes19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Peonies and hydrangea are both expensive flowers, so using them will definately increase your bouquet price. My bouquet was all roses with cascading ivy and was $170. The bridesmaids bouquets were smaller round bouquets and just roses, and their's were I think about $85 each.

I chose my florist based on the fact that I've seen a ton of her work and knew she would do a good job. After going over design ideas with her, she came up with different price ranges for each of the bouquets, as well as the one arangement we had her do, and then I chose which price point to go with. The biggest difference was the ratio of flowers to greenery. I went with the higher price point for the bouquets because I wanted them to be fuller and the mid price for the arrangement because it wasn't really on the top of my priorities list.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Rachael!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm paying a bit less than that and I found it to be a super deal!  I'm also late September and using a lot of succulent and hardy/filler flowers like coxcomb with a few big blooms like antique hydrangea, garden roses, and dahlias.  No peonies for me in Sept.

All together for my florist we're going to be at 2200-2500 thats doing 25 tables, my boquet, 6 BM boquets, 2 flower girl headpeices and wands, 2 mom corsages, I think 11 bouts, cake flowers, 2 big ceremony topiary things, kissing balls/pew decor, and a few arrangements for guest book, gift table, and bar.  Its a lot of money, BUT she is basically serving as my DOC too, she delivers and sets up making sure my vision is realized nto just trusting the venue to set stuff up right.  And she will move stuff from church to reception and do the same all over.  We are going for more of a unique table scape than just a centerpeice for each table.  Also pur favors are plants and will be part of the tables too.
    Sept 2012 Siggy:Bridesmaids' Dresses
    Bari Jay 911 in Raspberry
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • help please
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards