New York
Options

Horrible handwriting

You ladies all seem innovative and crafty. Maybe you can help me out with ideas:

My pennmanship equals that of a third-grader, so for guests' addresses on my save-the-date envelopes, I ran them through my printer. They looked gorgeous, but the time it took was ridiculous. Not to mention the trees I sacrificed from ruined envelopes. Lots of trial and error.

So for my invites, I'm trying to think of a better way to do it. Did any of you take your envelopes to calligrapher? How much would that set me back? I'm thinking it might be worth it. I'm assuming calligraphers still exist.

I can't think of anyone in my family I'd want to burden with the task. My sister has pretty handwriting but would get five done and get in a fight with me and never finish them.

Re: Horrible handwriting

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Calligrapher??  Hell no.
    I used clear labels (gasp!!!)  They looked great and I could give a crap less what the ettiquette nazis have to say about it.
    White labels looked a little too DIY-ish, but the clears really came out great!
    Definitely recommend them!
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know that calligraphers still exist; I'm not sure how expensive they are.  Good luck with your search!  Or with labels or whatever you choose to do. 

Luckily, my mom has nice handwriting so she's doing mine (she's a teacher).
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_horrible-handwriting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:2462d127-5cda-4d7e-8c18-a7c02d665e30Post:8a8a135e-f6f2-43c5-8032-f4e44ce848b5">Re: Horrible handwriting</a>:
    [QUOTE]Calligrapher??  Hell no. <strong>I used clear labels (gasp!!!)</strong>  They looked great and I could give a crap less what the ettiquette nazis have to say about it. White labels looked a little too DIY-ish, but the clears really came out great! Definitely recommend them!
    Posted by kevinandmonica2011[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Please dont waste $$ on a calligrapher! Clear label it

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What do you mean by clear label? Is this something you feed thru a printer?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They are just printable address labels that are clear instead of white.  You can pick them up at Walmart or Office Max
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the clear labels idea. While there are some people who wouldn't do this for etiquette reasons, I honestly fine it silly to waste money on hiring someone to do it for you. Envelopes, and most likely the invitation, sad as it is, will most likely end up in the trash after the wedding. I know I still have my good friends invitation, but a lot of people just view it as a piece of paper with information. And I could not tell you for the life of me what the envelope looked like.

"Photo kids date computer geeks because they scare everyone else. Geeks are much more desperate"

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Clear labels it is! Thanks for helping me save the bucks ... now maybe I can afford that ice sculpture luge I was dying to have but Turning Stone insists on charging me $500 for (ya, right).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards