New York

Oneida County Tourism

hooked me up with TONS of maps and brochures for my welcome packets all for FREE!! I wasn't sure what I was going to get, but it's so perfect! I can't wait to put them into my welcome packets.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Oneida County Tourism

• Happily9Happily9 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How exactly did you go about getting these.?  I stopped into one of the thruway exit thingys and she gave me one book and told me to copy it?  Real helpful right?
  • raes19raes19 member
    edited December 2011
    I work for the Geneva Area Chamber of Commerce and we give brochures to people all the time for wedding welcome bags. The thing with the thruway stops is that most of them you have to pay to have your brochures there, so maybe that is why they didn't want to give a bunch to one person?
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • rsfan23rsfan23 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_oneida-county-tourism?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:27866c5e-5e9c-4221-b9b9-400c173567b3Post:cd680f2c-a6b9-49be-9c02-b5b12dd97086">Re: Oneida County Tourism</a>:
    [QUOTE]How exactly did you go about getting these.?  I stopped into one of the <strong>thruway exit thingys and she gave me one book and told me to copy it</strong>?  Real helpful right?
    Posted by ktobin0519[/QUOTE]
    I emailed the MV Chamber of Commerce and they forwarded it onto the Oneida County tourism office and I got a phone call and I had them mail me the stuff. They operate out of the Thruway stop near exit 31. The bolded part is not helpful.
    edited December 2011
  • rsfan23rsfan23 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They are basically a map of Oneida County with all the accommodations and attractions by 'region/area' (Utica, Rome, Northern, Southern) and an official guide about each region that talks about everything from points of interests to different festivals/events going on during the year. I think it's pretty cool. It's hard to describe.
    edited December 2011
    I sent them an e-mail today...hopefully I hear back soon!  Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards