July 2012 Weddings
Options

Videographer

Ladies,
First FI and I have decided that we will not have a videographer.  but now, with less than 2 months left, people start telling me that the day will go by so fast, I will not remember many things, and we should totally have a videographer... Now I am worried... we did not budget for this and not sure whether we should look into it more or just have someone record the ceremony (home video style?) would it be totally tacky?
are you having a videographer?! may I ask what was the price range and what is included?
TIA

Re: Videographer

• Options
    We actually just decided a few weeks ago we wanted a videographer as well. I didn't think we'd be able to find one since the wedding was so soon but we did! We didn't really want anything fancy, just something to record and remember the day. The videographer we used had different packages and we chose the one for $1200.  We get all day coverage and 4 cds with our wedding edited on it and with a picture montage.  I think if it's not in your budget, having someone record it is perfectly fine. I don't think it's tacky at all.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • Options
    Our videographer is actually my FI's boss at school. He has an education degree along with a degree is video production. He's done a ton of weddings and a lot of weddings within the school and everyone here at school raves about his work.

He normally charges about $1200 (We're getting him for $900). But, he edits beautifully, give 5 dvds, and has a menu on them. Like you can select ceremony, speeches, dances, ect.

I see you're in the Chicago suburb area. Let me know if you want his info.

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_videographer-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:a3ce52a1-3d2b-40ad-ab17-351c99ca7f02Post:5fb98986-bfee-4082-82ac-e7cdd2b2e2db">Re: Videographer</a>:
    [QUOTE]. Let me know if you want his info.
    Posted by mbody[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the offer!  i will talk it over with mi FI and see what his thoughts are on this and will definately know where to start if we decide on having one!
  • Options
    We decided to use one, but aren't going with a high-end production guy either. We found a really great guy who is outside of the metro Indy area so has better fees than some of the crazy downtown people. We are having two cameras, full-day coverage (it's seriously from like 8am to 11pm), 4 edited DVDs, a "highlights reel" that will be short enough that we can email it to family that can't make it...I think that's about it, we are paying $1500.
  • Options
    penny12986penny12986 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    We are not using a videographer either but setting up a tripod with a camcorder in the corner to film the ceremony.  We are not concerned with remembering the reception.

It made more sense to us to spend $25 on a new memory card for the camera than a lot more on a DVD that we would probably only watch a few times after the wedding.  We all will have microphones so the sound issue shouldn't be too much of an issue.
  • Options
    I'm actually having a delemia with this. My original plan was to set up my FI and my sisters video cameras, have someone press record, and then have my FI edit it later (he edits stuff all the time). But one of FI's best friends (he was almost a GM) is trying to start a video buisiness. He feels left out of the wedding and FI wants me to let him do it. I wouldn't have a problem with that except I said a long time ago that I didn't want anyone working the wedding. So I don't know what to do.

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We did not want one at first or at least we didn't think we could fit it into our budget.  However this past january we decided that we wanted to have one.  There were so many different packages that we could get.  We are paying $2,100 for 8 hours of filming which includes full edits, songs on our video, menus, highlight and 3 HD dvd's.  We could have gotten it way cheaper but FI said that he really wanted to get it in HD if we did it.  So we paid extra for that.
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We are paying 1050 for all day filming, 3 edited DVDs, 3 unedited DVDs and a highlight video.
  • Options
    janeneojaneneo member
    First Comment
    I am sorry I can't remember the name of the service, but there is a company that will ship you high end video production quality camcorders (like 3), that you have guest take turns holding for like $200. (Or set one on a tripod). Then you ship back the cameras and the pros take all of the footage from the 3 simultaneous angles and make a professional montage.  It sounds like fun, and you get the footage just as your guest witnessed it.  Now, I wouldn't have Grandma doing it, but there are probably uncles, cousins, or friends that would happily pitch in.  They can interview each other about how much they love the B&G!!!  :)

If anyone is interested, I will dig through the internet to find it.  My boss (a guy) convinced me that I will want video of my day.  I was surprised how adamant he was, cause in general he doesn't get too excited about stuff.  His 4 young sons have loved watching his wedding video, but were insulted they weren't invited to the wedding.  Haha (They weren't born yet)
  • Options
    There are such a range in prices for videographers. You should sit down and figure out what you can afford to pay and then look for someone who will do that. Generally speaking, you won't really find anything less than $1000 though, in my experience.

Our videographer: www.tweedweddings.com - We're getting a mid-level package at last year's rates because I booked him in 2011.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_videographer-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:a3ce52a1-3d2b-40ad-ab17-351c99ca7f02Post:4a13e9cf-1e3a-47c6-ab9b-d11da809dd05">Re: Videographer</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am sorry I can't remember the name of the service, but there is a company that will ship you high end video production quality camcorders (like 3), that you have guest take turns holding for like $200. (Or set one on a tripod). Then you ship back the cameras and the pros take all of the footage from the 3 simultaneous angles and make a professional montage.  It sounds like fun, and you get the footage just as your guest witnessed it.  Now, I wouldn't have Grandma doing it, but there are probably uncles, cousins, or friends that would happily pitch in.  They can interview each other about how much they love the B&G!!!  :) If anyone is interested, I will dig through the internet to find it.  My boss (a guy) convinced me that I will want video of my day.  I was surprised how adamant he was, cause in general he doesn't get too excited about stuff.  His 4 young sons have loved watching his wedding video, but were insulted they weren't invited to the wedding.  Haha (They weren't born yet)
    Posted by janeneo[/QUOTE]

I think you're thinking of <a href="http://www.wedit.com/" rel="nofollow">www.wedit.com</a>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards