New York

December wedding in NYC

Hi Ladies,

This is my first post here and I'm really excited! I'm an Irish bride-to-be so news of The Knot has made it all the way across the Atlantic!

I'm looking for help from you NYC girls. We're planning to get married there in December 2013 and at the moment, there is so much information, I'm confused! Let me give you a little info about what I'm looking for:

- we're both Catholics so we'll have our ceremony in a church. This means an early afternoon ceremony so probably an evening reception.
- because it's a destination wedding, it'll be a small party, probably about 20-25 max
- We have a budget of £15,000 (sterling) and that needs to include our 5/6 night stay and flights...we're not paying for flights/accommodation for the party but we'll be paying for their meals at the reception obviously
- Other than the church ceremony, I don't feel the need to adhere to tradition and I'm willing to look at things that are a bit different.

So, I guess what I'm asking is, given that we can't have the ceremony and reception in the one place, would you have any recommendations of small intimate venues that will host our small party?

And do you have any suggestions for a winter/christmas wedding in NYC? I've been a few times, once over christmas and I fell in love with it but obviously I'm not overly familiar so welcome any suggestions you have.

Thanks Ladies!

Re: December wedding in NYC

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards