New York
Options

Wedding Update Wednesday!

So here i am, FINALLY living up to my volunteerism and starting this thread for once lol

1. Drumroll please: May 25, 2013 is THEE date!!! After this weekend of having three of Fi's groomsmen come visit, and them chatting about it all weekend, I think it had a great effect on Fi to the point where he could say "*deepbreath* yes this is it" so, yay!!!

2. Put down a deposit at tuxedo junction, $20 locks us into a discount price all the way up to the wedding which is great, and its a super-low price for tux rentals for the guys, so, thats done. Ah, so crazy to say it out loud... Put our first deposit down for our wedding!

3. Got our STDs from VP in the mail. Now i cant complain MUCH because, well, theyre free (the 100 postcards). But the picture came out grey and pink as opposed to the grey and lavender that it is... so, I figure after we set the location we'll re-order them and I will edit the picture to enhance the blue saturation so it will print closer to our color.

Re: Wedding Update Wednesday!

• Options
    kks4471kks4471 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Awesome Jellybean!!  I know allllll about paper products looking different when they arrive.

My update is that I ordered my 2 piece hair comb from an etsy seller!  I think it compliments my dress well, and it's not too big so I think my fine hair can hold it in.  I can't wait to receive it in a few weeks, and I'll definitely post a picture when it arrives.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    kpdorrkpdorr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not much this week!! My mom offered to host an after wedding brunch instead of an engagement party, so we've been looking at places for that- very exciting! Also, trying to figure out the rehearsal dinner, and looking at honeymoon destinations. We were all set to to go Tahiti but last minute decided it would be ridiculously impractical to spend so much- so back to square one. Lots of looking no deciding on all fronts!

Also, Dave and I decided to go to NYC for the day on Saturday so I can get my engagement ring cleaned at Tiffany's and we can look at suits at Jcrew! Yippee!
  • Options
    bitofritsbitofrits member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought some supplies for my hair accessory... I think I'm going to do a jeweled ribbon.... which seem to be unnecessarily expensive and I can't find any store around here that sell them anyway, so I'm going to attempt to make it myself.  The Joann's in Liverpool-area is moving to Clay so they had a big clearance sale and I bought some stuff.  I still need a few more things for it though, but at least I have an idea of what I want after lots of googling.

Bought stuff for the garter's too.  I found a little Mario red and green mushroom pins so one will be on ours and the other on the one we throw.  I thought FI would get a kick out of it cause he loves Nintendo.

Made an appt with my wedding consultant for a few weeks from now to figure out where I need to be and what I should be doing next....  I feel like all of the major stuff is out of the way, but I have a slew of DIY projects I need to get working on...
    My Attempted Wedding Blog - http://aroseywedding.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Happily9Happily9 member
    edited December 2011
    Probably my last wedding Wednesday update :( 

We ordered our thank you cards:

• Options
    Happily9Happily9 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_wedding-update-wednesday-20?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:338b0f7c-5eb7-4626-a882-2857fd929285Post:6977d7c4-ac65-456a-8df5-67c4223db767">Wedding Update Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So here i am, FINALLY living up to my volunteerism and starting this thread for once lol 1. Drumroll please: May 25, 2013 is THEE date!!! After this weekend of having three of Fi's groomsmen come visit, and them chatting about it all weekend, I think it had a great effect on Fi to the point where he could say "*deepbreath* yes this is it" so, yay!!! 2. Put down a deposit at tuxedo junction, $20 locks us into a discount price all the way up to the wedding which is great, and its a super-low price for tux rentals for the guys, so, thats done. Ah, so crazy to say it out loud... Put our first deposit down for our wedding! 3. Got our STDs from VP in the mail. Now i cant complain MUCH because, well, theyre free (the 100 postcards). But the picture came out grey and pink as opposed to the grey and lavender that it is... so, I figure after we set the location we'll re-order them and I will edit the picture to enhance the blue saturation so it will print closer to our color.
    Posted by JellyBean52513[/QUOTE]

I am SO slow this week...I just caught on...sorry!!!  Congrats on the wedding date!

Anyway...I would contact VP and tell them about the color difference.  I ordered something and when it arrived, I realized I had made a mistake.  One phone call with VP later...they were shipping me new, corrected items,...for FREE!
  • Options
    sbolger17sbolger17 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_wedding-update-wednesday-20?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:338b0f7c-5eb7-4626-a882-2857fd929285Post:6ad1bc68-586b-4b80-87f4-f447626222cd">Re: Wedding Update Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Probably my last wedding Wednesday update :(  We ordered our thank you cards:
    Posted by ktobin0519[/QUOTE]

So pretty! 

And a whine: Why does everyone have their pro pics except me?!  I have a link to a lot of them, but I'm still waiting on the DVD with the images!  I want to post here and on FB and get the ball rolling for my video!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Happily9Happily9 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_wedding-update-wednesday-20?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:338b0f7c-5eb7-4626-a882-2857fd929285Post:0f7944dc-07bf-4584-9c9e-3aacc2a1a096">Re: Wedding Update Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Update Wednesday! : So pretty!  And a whine: Why does everyone have their pro pics except me?!  I have a link to a lot of them, but I'm still waiting on the DVD with the images!  I want to post here and on FB and get the ball rolling for my video!
    Posted by sbolger17[/QUOTE]

If it makes you feel any better we hired someone who only does it on the side...so we got our pics back quick, but they are not really creative.  So maybe you have to wait for yours, but they will be AMAZING! 

And thanks for the compliment :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had my first florist appointment! I thought I didn't care about flowers until I started looking through what she could do. So pretty! Then the quote came back at $2800, when our budget is about half of that! Yikes!

I also got our personalized stamp in the mail. I need to start my list of DIYs that use it including OOT bags, programs, costars, and pretty much anything that I can ink!

It comes with little fireflies too. Too cute!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Happily9Happily9 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_wedding-update-wednesday-20?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:338b0f7c-5eb7-4626-a882-2857fd929285Post:cd477d44-e0ee-41a8-b493-bb1af3aca491">Re: Wedding Update Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had my first florist appointment! I thought I didn't care about flowers until I started looking through what she could do. So pretty! Then the quote came back at $2800, when our budget is about half of that! Yikes! I also got our personalized stamp in the mail. I need to start my list of DIYs that use it including OOT bags, programs, costars, and pretty much anything that I can ink! It comes with little fireflies too. Too cute!
    Posted by whereismymind32[/QUOTE]

Love it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    -picked up my wedding dress!

-my mom started working on my hair piece - a flower with some beading on it.

-set up our engagement photo shoot - Sunday afternoon, I can't wait!

-bought 15 fall wreaths (major sale at Michael's!) for our centerpieces

That's it I think. Pretty productive! I'd like to start on some DIY projects soon though!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well I was out of town for business came back and 2 days later had my tonsils out last wednesday so obviously I haven/t been around much, BUT I have been wedding planning

A) I BOUGHT MY DRESS  since I was last around here I've had 3 dress appointments, the last which I found THE ONE.  PRONOVIAS Perla (she's in my siggy below)  I had great experiences and am beyond Thrilled!

B) finished my will you be cards and confirmed MOH and my last 2 bridesmaids

C) Had our first florist appointment- was a total bust and the came back with a $4700 quote-WTF We have another this weekend with the florist I'm 99% sure will be the one.

D) Designed our Save the dates waiting on final proof from the Etsy seller and they will be here soon!

E) Input my guest list in its current form to excel-still don have list from my FMIL grrr

F) narrowed down to 3 or 4 designs we are liking for our invites

HOWEVER I still haven't booked a photographer and it is stressing me out, this is by far my hardest decision I have major cold feet on this one, everythign else I'm breezing through the decisions I feel like I have a clear picture in my head of how y wedding will be but I can't seem to trust that someone else will capture my vision, is this totally wierd???
    Sept 2012 Siggy:Bridesmaids' Dresses
    Bari Jay 911 in Raspberry
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_wedding-update-wednesday-20?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:338b0f7c-5eb7-4626-a882-2857fd929285Post:b0418073-3be2-4cda-a091-1d3a0ed1ad77">Re: Wedding Update Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Wedding Update Wednesday! : I am SO slow this week...I just caught on...sorry!!!  Congrats on the wedding date! <strong>Anyway...I would contact VP and tell them about the color difference.  I ordered something and when it arrived, I realized I had made a mistake.  One phone call with VP later...they were shipping me new, corrected items,...for FREE!</strong>
    Posted by ktobin0519[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for the tip! I will totally do this.
  • Options
    raes19raes19 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_wedding-update-wednesday-20?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:338b0f7c-5eb7-4626-a882-2857fd929285Post:a721ce6a-e5e7-4e2d-b8d5-a5afa675eedd">Re: Wedding Update Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]A) I BOUGHT MY DRESS  since I was last around here I've had 3 dress appointments, the last which I found THE ONE.  PRONOVIAS Perla (she's in my siggy below)  I had great experiences and am beyond Thrilled! Posted by meagandal[/QUOTE]

Your dress is absolutely gorgeous, I love it!
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_wedding-update-wednesday-20?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:338b0f7c-5eb7-4626-a882-2857fd929285Post:a721ce6a-e5e7-4e2d-b8d5-a5afa675eedd">Re: Wedding Update Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE] HOWEVER<strong> I still haven't booked a photographer and it is stressing me out, this is by far my hardest decision </strong>I have major cold feet on this one, everythign else I'm breezing through the decisions I feel like I have a clear picture in my head of how y wedding will be but I can't seem to trust that someone else will capture my vision, is this totally wierd???
    Posted by meagandal[/QUOTE]

Me too! and my wedding is in MAY! It's because I care the most about it. I keep finding photogs that I think are great and staring at their slideshows over and over until I find something wrong with them. I'm terrible! lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards