New York

Update on School BS from a few weeks ago

I had my grievance hearing yesterday and... I WON!!!!

Woot woot  ::commence ridiculous happy dance at desk::

I also managed to not explode about the 65 zillion other things that I think are efffed up about the school.  I stayed focused, discussed only the matter that was involved in the actual grievance and I WON!!!!  Laughing

::Sings theme song to Team America... "Mo-ni-ca... eff yeah" while continuing happy dance::
Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
Online Garage Sale
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
monica & kevin married 5.28.11
bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Update on School BS from a few weeks ago

• edited December 2011
    That's great, monica!!! What a way to start off the weekend (early) lol!!!
    image 131 invited image 120 are ready to party! image 11 will miss the festivities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • raes19raes19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good to hear! Hopefully you won't have any more issues, and now they know you mean business!
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome!!! So glad you won that! What a huge stress relief!

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome!! I'm so happy you followed through with it, and especially that you came out successful!
    Photobucket
  • kks4471kks4471 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Awesome news!!  Hopefully they learned their lesson, and won't mess around with you again.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • sbolger17sbolger17 member
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!!  Great news!
    Anniversary
  • ski2playski2play member
    edited December 2011
    Love it!  Yay for the little guy. 

What does it mean you "won"?  Do they have to apologize?  Hopefully the staff involved needs to attend some retraining!  8 hours worth of listening to a monotone voice seems proper!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!!!

@ski- They will be removing the clinical absence from my record so it will not count against my clinical hours or participation grade.  The director also apologized for the "miscommunication"... which I feel is a copout/BS...   She also said that they have made some policy changes and clarifications so this will not happen to another student.  Doesn't really benefit me, per se... but I'll take what I can get.

Normal Monica would have rolled eyes and said something snotty about how it doesn't reallllly help me much, but I need to graduate.  lol  I do think I walked out of there with the best results possible.  I knew they weren't going to reprimand anyone or re-train anyone on my account.... although I love your idea.   Wink
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_update-school-bs-weeks-ago?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:3e96cfbd-23b1-4435-8975-3f2891ebb7f4Post:fa13fa41-77d8-443e-984f-f23bd7986755">Re: Update on School BS from a few weeks ago</a>:
    [QUOTE]Love it!  Yay for the little guy.  What does it mean you "won"?  Do they have to apologize?  Hopefully the staff involved needs to attend some retraining! <strong> 8 hours worth of listening to a monotone voice seems proper!</strong>
    Posted by ski2play[/QUOTE]

No coffee breaks, either!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Bet they all feel like a bunch of dumb a$$es.  That's awesome!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MelissaC315MelissaC315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yayyy I'm glad it all worked out for you! Sucks you even had to deal with their b.s. but as long as it worked out that's all that matters!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards