New York
Options

My first Etsy disappointment :(

I've been doing a lot of wedding-related Etsy shopping, and I've been so happy with all my purchases...until today. My wedding shoes came in from HydraHeart, and they sent me a size too small and came in the wrong color :(  They're also basically slippers (expensive freaking slippers), since I can't imagine how one could walk outdoors with the soles they're made with. Of course, there's a 20% restocking fee to return them and I'd have to pay the shipping back to the seller...but I really have no use for them. So bummed!

Has anyone else been shopping Etsy? I love love love Etsy but unfortunately, as with any online shopping (especially shoes), you can't always tell what you're going to get.

(I have no idea how I italicized everything but I can't undo it!)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: My first Etsy disappointment :(

• Options

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, that really sucks Frown

TK is being weird with posts. Yesterday a few of mine came out centered. I also wasn't able to edit.

Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Sometimes I think shopping online is just like that in general.  I've purchsed items from Amazon and eBay for example that if I saw in person I never would have purchased... but they cost about how much they would be for me to ship them back to return... so I just kept them.
    My Attempted Wedding Blog - http://aroseywedding.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    So sorry to hear about this :(  Try not to let it burn you from future purchases though.
  • Options
    I love etsy, and shop there all the time for wedding related stuff.  I was disappointed with an invitation sample I received, but no big deal because we went with a different company.  Wish I was crafty like they are, although I'm doing some things myself (card box, hangers).
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    So sorry you ended up with a bad purchase.

I do LOVE etsy though. I have already ordered quite a few things for our wedding from there and am planning on ordering more. I do always go back and forth with the shop owners (probably more than they like) asking lots of questions before I purchase anything. It is very tricky to buy something you can't see in person.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards