Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

personalized thank-you cards

I have made a "thank you" sign for us to hold during one of our photo sessions on the wedding day in hopes of making a personalized thank you card. I want a folded card (so I can write a personal note inside) with a pict of us on the front. pretty simple. Does anyone have suggestions on the best place or website to order these? I know I'm way ahead of the game but my great idea seems like it is going to be quite expensive. Any ideas??? thanks ladies!

Re: personalized thank-you cards

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Your photographer may have the ability to do this.  It's worth asking. You may check out Walgreens.com or Snapfish.com too. 
  • Options
    kelklumpkelklump member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vista print had some as well. We did our post cards with envelopes there for our Save the Dates - with all the coupon codes you can find online you can save mega bucks.
  • Options
    hollsmvhollsmv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Would it be tacky if I printed a postcard w/ a blank backside and my not was written on the back??? I'd mail them in envelopes... that method is super affordable on vistaprint! (thanks for the great idea)
  • Options
    rschuckmanrschuckman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hollsmv:  Do you have a pic of your "thank you" sign?  How did you make it or where did you buy it?  I have messy handwriting and wouldn't want to hand write it, ha.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Another thing that might help is to just have a friend take the picture even right beside the photographer.  My friends did that for their wedding 2 weeks ago and both the photographer's picture and the friend's picture turned out great.  But this could help to make it cheaper (if you don't get all of your digital negatives).  Or even if you do, a friend's photo could be faster because the digital negatives might not be ready for awhile and you can't wait too long on thank you notes!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going to take a pic on our honeymoon for our thank you cards and got super cheap ones, small white with a silver border, precut with the slits for the pictures! Land of Oz in Harrison, Oh. Kristi
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    hollsmvhollsmv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    RSCHUCKMAN:I don't have a pic and half of my life is in storage (we're moving) so can't easily take one now for you.Here's what you do:1. Head to your local craft store2. Pick up a large form core board and vinyl letters. Both of these items come in many different colors and sizes.  I made mine w/ black board & white letters.3. Use a ruler to create straight lines4. Apply letters to board.    Once you get your supplies, it's really easy to do!! GOOD LUCK!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In re: how to make it, the easiest thing would probably be to play in PS (or Word, if you don't have PS) with the writing, then take them to kinkos and have them blown up.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    p.s.  If anyone's interested, I have a multi-lingual thank you sign pdf that I made, but didn't use.It has "Thank You" written in an English script in the center, and then "thank you" written, in French, German, Italian, Spanish, Arabic, and Chinese, in different fonts around the center.If you're interested, just send an email to my knottie name and gmail dot com.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards