New York
Options

Hair/Make-Up Troubles

I cannot find a hair and/or make-up person who will come to me on my wedding day.  At least not one in Ithaca, anyways.  It's so irritating!  I'd really rather not have to trek 30 minutes to a salon on my wedding day but it's looking like I'll have to.  There's a bridal expo here on Saturday that I'm going to so maybe there will be some vendors there...I actually did find one at another bridal show but they seemed kind of backwoodsy, so I'm not sure about that...maybe I should go cut my hair there to check it out first.

Anyone know anyone in Geneva, Elmira, Syracuse or surrounding areas that can travel?

The salons keep coming up with excuses like, oh, yeah, it never turns out well when we travel b/c we'll be missing something we need at the last minute or oh, it's our busiest day of the week.  I do not understand this because: 1. Well we will do a hair trial beforehand so you will KNOW what you need.  2. I will pay you extra to come there.  Gah!

Is this a common problem?  Maybe I'm too used to NYC where there are hair and make-up artists in droves and it would be so easy to find someone.... 
Anniversary

Re: Hair/Make-Up Troubles

• Options
    sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Emie, saw your rec for Danette of Unique Touch in Geneva.  Do you know if she'll travel to wedding sites?  Mine's probably at least 30 minutes from Geneva; maybe more like 45.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry youre having issues :/ My hair/make up is a friend and thank god for that b/c I need to do my hair at like 730am. But thats the only reason shes traveling for me

GL. Wish I could be of more help

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if she will.. she's traveling for me but she's a guest at our wedding anyways. It's worth a shot asking at the salon if she or anyone there will travel. Ithaca is about 45 minutes from Geneva on a good day.
    Photobucket
    image 169 Made the cut!
    image 137 Are ready to party! image29 Are missing out! image 3 Are making me crazy!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, Bridgett.

Emie, my wedding is actually west of Ithaca so I thought it would be closer, but I just mapquested it and it's an hour from Geneva!  Oh well...

I'll keep trying.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    rsfan23rsfan23 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about spago?

Here's the link...they're a traveling spa. They do hair and makeup services along with massages, etc.
    http://www.spagocny.com/index.html

I know other ones, but they're closer to Utica, so I'm not sure if they'll travel that far.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, Alyssa!  That is an awesome suggestion; this might work!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    rsfan23rsfan23 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're welcome.  It's funny seeing the same time on the ticker as mine. Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I live in Elmira, getting married in Geneva. My hairdresser is in Horseheads, she travels for weddings and is currently booking 2011 and 2012 weddings.

Amanda @ Tranquilities in Horseheads its 40ish minutes from Ithaca and she is fantastic!! She does make-up and hair.  She's my fiances best friends wife and has been doing my hair since we met and she got me in (I used to go to this salon but after movig away couldn't get back in when I came back to town yay for the bf having the hook-up) she is also SUPER SWEET and one of my bridesmaids!

Heres a link to some FB pics a lot of them from her own wedding last October.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/album.php?id=1357620012&aid=135484&closeTheater=1
    Sept 2012 Siggy:Bridesmaids' Dresses
    Bari Jay 911 in Raspberry
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, Meagan.  I can't see the FB pics.  Just did a quick Google search online and don't see her or a home page for Tranquilities.  Please send me a PM if you can give me more info!  Thanks.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards