New York
Options

Bridal expo prizes... skeptical

So I got a call from a women named Erika saying I won free three day trip (all inclusive except airfare) from the bridal expo this past weekend. I find it really weird they would call this late on a Sunday. I'm also skeptical because that seems like way too good of a prize to give away. 

It's through chefmasterusa.com? I don't answer calls from area codes I don't recognise, so I didn't answer her call. But I listened to the voicemail and called back. She had a receptionist and everything, so maybe they're Iegit..? don't remember filling out my information for any food vendors since we're having our reception at a hotel with in house catering. 

Does anyone know anything about this? Is it seriously too good to be true? I see someone else just posted about winning an engagement photo session, which is awesome and something I would never question had I won that. 

I'm just not sure how I feel about it. I know people have been scammed by this kind of stuff from bridal shows before. Thoughts appreciated.
                                                                              Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Bridal expo prizes... skeptical

• Options
    It's a scam.  Requires you to purchase cookware, or a timeshare, or whatever else they feel like selling ;)
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    That's what I figured. Her long winded rant about not trying to sell us anything or cost us any money made me skeptical. I was very noncomittal. If she ever calls back I'll tell her to leave me me be. There wasn't a lot of info online about whether it was a scam or not, so I figured I'd ask. From what I gathered though, David's Bridal shares personal information. I'll keep that in mind before I'm so cavalier about giving out my info again. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Let them know that you want off their list. I received calls from them for weeks after I got the initial "You've Won!" call.  
  • Options
    I got the call too from and actually went to one sponsered by dinner4two a month ago and got all my prizes without having to purchanse anything! Haven't turned in the trip yet, but did get 2 free rings through them. If you want the trip it won't hurt going!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    ^What she said! You have to go to one of their demonstrations to claim the prize - where they will try to sell you everything. To me it wasn't worth it so I didn't go. But from what I know, David's Bridal probably sold them your info and they will continue to call you a thousand times so definitely answer and tell them to take you off their list. Only problem is, everytime they call me they call from a different number! So annoying.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I also went and did not buy anything and got my prizes. They do still continue to call me though even after me going and claiming prizes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards