New York

Wedding Update Wednesday

What have you ladies accomplished this week?

I was so crazed at work last week I didn't think to post until Friday!  So... I'll post after this with my (2 weeks of) updates.
My Attempted Wedding Blog - http://aroseywedding.blogspot.com/

Re: Wedding Update Wednesday

• 1-Finished all major planning things... when I booked my florist last week!  yayyyy :)  This also involved picking out all of the flowers, which took a little bit of time...
    2-Put a deposit down for our honeymoon!  We're going to St. Lucia, but not right after the wedding.  AAA had a big sale right after the bridal show with Sandals; it was like 50% off sales.  I couldn't pass it up.  FI really wanted to look into honeymoons; I was hesitant because we just won't have the money... but we're going a few months after the wedding so we'll be able to save up for it, and get the sale price locked in.  :)
    3-Bridesmaids dresses came in; picking them up this weekend.
    4-Set the date for my bridal shower in Syracuse (I'm having 2).
    5-Started working on making my bridesmaids necklaces; I'm doing a "floating pearl" necklace with orange pearls in 2 different sizes.  I found some ideas on how to do it, but then I found some clear plastic tubing that seems to work much more easily than some of the other ideas I found... I'm going to make a "test" one in the next week to see how it looks.

I think that's everything for now...
    My Attempted Wedding Blog - http://aroseywedding.blogspot.com/
  • Sounds like you accomplished a lot!

As you know, tried on my dress with success last night! check.

Starting to help FMIL plan the rehearsal dinner, and ordering BM totes and whatnot today. We also need to get the favors ordered soon.

Our big "to-do's" are to meet with the pastor and plan the ceremony, get tux's, and order invitations.

I'm also seriously stressing about photos. We were planning on doing them at the local historic site, but the wedding is the day of the crafts fair and farmer's market, so everything is going to be busy in the village that day. We'll figure it out.
    image 131 invited image 120 are ready to party! image 11 will miss the festivities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We met with the cafe manager at Ommegang Brewery where we are having our rehearsal dinner and discussed menu and timing and such! Just got the contract today. Also It wasn't really me doing anything but my sister ordered my shower invitations and finalized the menu for that! Very exciting. My family and friends are being so generous and nice about everything I am so beyond lucky!

Indirectly wedding related, we did our tax returns and will now have a little extra cushion to put towards wedding expenses!!
  • My harpist called today, we set up a tentative date to meet in April.  I've got to start planning my next trip back to NY.  I'm going to call the DJ today too, and add purple uplighting to our order.  Also started hand addressing the invitations, and am mailing our parent's invitations today (they want them asap lol).
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • - Booked both hotels and flights for our honeymoon
    - Finalized dates for both of my showers (one in my hometown and one in fiance's hometown)
    - Made plans for my bachelorette party (Famous Billy Joel cover band in Manhattan, a night out on the town and an overnight at a swanky hotel on NJ's waterfront with views of the city)
    - Picked an invitation designer from Etsy and began working with her to make my vision come to life
    - Began seriously looking for a day of hairdresser, shoes and jewelry

• Called to see when bm dresses will be in: end of march. Perfect! Plenty of time for alterations for my june wedding.

Called organist at my church to see if he was available, and willing. He is! 

and, most importantly, talked with MOH about when Bach party will be, and she said June 1st or 2nd, and thats all I can know! I am super excited!!! 

Going with FMIL this weekend to find her a dress. (Can't wait....Yell....)

First comes Love (2.23.2006)
    Then comes Marriage (6.23.2012)
    Then comes Baby #1 (5.10.2013)
    And Baby #2 (EDD 6.15.2014)
    In the baby carriage! 
  • Didn't do too much this week. 
    -Took another stab at getting a picture so we can order save the dates. It's driving me crazy how long it's taking us to figure something out.
    -Found out the girl we were planning on hiring as our photographer is moving to Florida. She originally was planning on moving to NYC and I were ok with paying travel expenses for her to drive back up for that. It was still cheaper than most photographers. But there's no way in hell I'm paying travel expenses for her to fly back up from Florida. So now we need to find a new photographer. I'm really glad we opted to hold off on a deposite with her until after the Geneva bridal expo. Because that was nonrefundable and would have been a big loss. I'm still irritated at the whole situation though. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited February 2012
    - Ordered our invitations from a really cute shop on Etsy!
    - Made some great budget cuts and made a final budget.
    - Ordered my hair piece from another shop on Etsy (I love it!)
    .http://www.etsy.com/listing/61412157/kiarra-crystal-beaded-bridal-hair-comb
    - Bought an adorable flower girl dress (only $40) which my daughter will be wearing.

EEeeekk.. I am starting to get veryy excited.

• 1 - I found my dress!!!!!! I'm so excited, I love it so much!  :)  I get to buy it at a trunk show in a couple weeks at a nice discount, too! 

2- I think we've secured busses to shuttle people back and forth to the wedding, we just need to send in the final paperwork. 

3 - We never got a chance to register this week, so I'm hoping we'll get to do some of that this weekend. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards