New York

Glen Iris Inn/Letchworth State Park/ Fingerlakes suggestions

Has anyone had any experiences at these venues?  The pictures make it look beautiful and we are going to visit nex weekend.

We want an outdoor wedding and reception- just wondering if anyone has had any experiences they could share- especially on the cost.

We are still open to suggestions- what other places would you recommend in the fingerlakes area on a budget?

Thanks!

Re: Glen Iris Inn/Letchworth State Park/ Fingerlakes suggestions

• edited December 2011
    LOVE LOVE LOVE Glen Iris, it's considered one of the best wedding sites in Western NY.  Very affordable too.  We wanted to get married there but it was a 6 hour drive for FI's family so we decided to get married in a more central location to please both families.  When you go have lunch at the Glen Iris in as well to get an idea of their food.  The only negative side is that the location where the tent is set up is actually behind a row of pine trees, so your guests would not be able to see the falls from the reception site unless they took a little stroll about 20 yards away.  Still gorgeous though!
  • edited December 2011
    We got married at the Fontainebleau Inn in Alpine (between Watkins and Ithaca). It was beautiful and the staff was amazing to work with.
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there a couple years ago and it was really beautiful. I'm not sure about the cost but the couple was happy with how everything turned out. Good luck with everything!! 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Glen Iris in September and I can't wait. I felt  as though the cost was very reasonable and I am very happy with the service thus far. A friend of mine also got married there five years ago and it was beautiful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards