New York

My First DIY-PIP

I was afraid that my crafting abilities wouldn't hold up to all of my DIY dreams, so I started with a small project in case I failed miserably. lol. Good news, I love how they turned out!  We have the whole Inn reserved for the wedding, so these will be hanging on our guests' doors. It's hard to see with the flash from my camera, but the front is an embossed stamp that I had made with our initials and wedding date. We're using blue Mason Jars as decor throughout the wedding.

I was so proud that I had to share with you ladies, because I know you appreciate these little details! I have a firefly stamp too. Do you think I should add it?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: My First DIY-PIP

• spalkospalko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How big is the firefly stamp? I'm always a fan of less is more but depending on the size it might look cute. Where were you thinking of putting it? In the jar or just anywhere on the hanger?

I think what you have is super cute so adding the stamp might make things look cluttered. I hope that helps!
    imageVisit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011
    Very cute! This first one should be a complete trail run so I say go for it because you won't know what it looks like until you try it!=o)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_first-diy-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:5d67bccd-1719-45fd-ac4e-97d1fcee08acPost:eabbae5a-3c09-40e8-aa0e-8aa14f7638f7">Re: My First DIY-PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]Very cute! This first one should be a complete trail run so I say go for it because you won't know what it looks like until you try it!=o)
    Posted by Soon2bStaff[/QUOTE]

^^ This. Congrats on the check!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Cute!!!  I would probably leave it as is, but it wouldn't hurt to test one out with the firefly and see how it looks.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • kks4471kks4471 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Love it!  I think a few fireflies within and outside the jar would be cute too, if they're small enough.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I may try out one with some fireflies, but this took much longer than expected, so it will have to be another day. We're still deciding on invites, but if we go with the firefly one, I'll definitely add them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Darling!  I hadn't thought of doing that until I saw your post!!  What a great detail; your guests (and other passing hotel patrons!) are going to love it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Photobucket
  • fluttaby32fluttaby32 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    so cute
  • edited December 2011
    Very cute! I would only use the fireflies if you are using them on your other wedding stationary (save the dates, invitations, etc.)

Did you make the actualy door hangers or buy them somewhere?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • bitofritsbitofrits member
    edited December 2011
    Very cute!  

Did you do all of the writing by hand?  Or is some of that printed on there?  I'm thinking of doing some door hangers at some point.  They're just something that adds a little more fun that's easy to do imo.

Also, how did you make your own stamp??
    My Attempted Wedding Blog - http://aroseywedding.blogspot.com/
  • KG728KG728 member
    edited December 2011

those are adorable! Great Job!

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_first-diy-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:5d67bccd-1719-45fd-ac4e-97d1fcee08acPost:503a013c-e3a6-4c45-8f78-82dd5cfdf585">Re: My First DIY-PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]Very cute!   Did you do all of the writing by hand?  Or is some of that printed on there?  I'm thinking of doing some door hangers at some point.  They're just something that adds a little more fun that's easy to do imo. Also, how did you make your own stamp??
    Posted by bitofrits[/QUOTE]

I made everything except the stamp myself. I ordered the stamp from etsy. I designed the doorhanger in Word and printed it out on our desktop laser printer on brown cardstock. I downloaded the fun script font because I wanted something unique. They printed out three to a page, front and back, and I used a paper cutter, corner rounder, and circle punch to finish them. You could just use scissors of course, but the scrapbooking tools made it go faster.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards