New York

Munchkins

Saw a post on another board (can you tell I have been so bored @ work lately that I have wandered onto other boards... eek!)
Anyway... it got me thinking

Are you having kids at your ceremony/reception?
Are you doing anything to entertain them?

We will only have a few... FG and RB and their siblings... 6-10y/o.
We are doing DIY crayons and coloring book and most likely a "wedding photo hunt" (like a scavenger hunt, but when they find something on the list, they just take a picture of it... we will be providing a disposable camera for each child).

Any other ideas?  5 hours is a long reception for an 8 year old.  I would be going bonkers!!!
Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
Online Garage Sale
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
monica & kevin married 5.28.11
bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Munchkins

• edited December 2011
    We only have 3 younger ones, JBM, FG, RB and theyre 2, 4, 9. Josh and I are both thinkin we may get a coloring book for them....but theyre very outgoing kids who love to dance and at other weddings wouldnt have sat down if bribed them.

So unfortunately I have no ideas for you :/ But the photo scavenger hunt sounds fun!

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • edited December 2011
    Lol... DUH!!!  I totally forgot about the music and dancing part.  Wow... (slaps forehead) what an idiot!!!

Oh- WTF was up w/ SU tonight... sooo uncool
    and #2... crazy Army fiancee girl just dropped the f bomb on me.  Her cheese just fell off her craker.... hopefully she is outta here.  lol
    Online Garage Sale
  • edited December 2011
    #1...I KNOW! AHHH! I am so disappointed! Im trying to have the bball poster signed by all the players to give Josh for his bday but if they dont get their shiz together...he may not want it! Cripes!

#2..  *BIG O FACE* Shes gotta be gone now. Dang. Ive got a loose filter on mouth problem but even I know to watch the f bomb!

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll probably have 4 kids there.  Same as you: FG, RB and their siblings.  I wasn't really planning on entertaining them.  I figure that lots of relatives (they are my niece, nephew, and 2 cousins) plus the music and dancing will keep them busy.  And I'm guessing their mothers will bring any essentials?  These kids are all 6 and under.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_munchkins?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:5e49844c-d414-4fb0-af71-777351e70e00Post:ca48a726-7104-4b40-9e24-b3024b4e0325">Re: Munchkins</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll probably have 4 kids there.  Same as you: FG, RB and their siblings.  I wasn't really planning on entertaining them.  I figure that lots of relatives (they are my niece, nephew, and 2 cousins) plus the music and dancing will keep them busy.  And I'm guessing their mothers will bring any essentials?  These kids are all 6 and under.
    Posted by sbolger17[/QUOTE]

It's definitely not something that has to be done, but I think it's a nice gesture.  Just like many couples give out a "favor" to the adults... it's kind of sweet to give the kiddos a little something special... and if that little something can keep them entertained for a little while, I'm sure their mothers will really appreciate the break, ya know?
    Online Garage Sale
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards