New York

Wedding Update Wednesday

Assuming most of you will update on Thursday since it's so late... anddd I forgot to post last week becasue things are a little hectic... sooooo...

What have you accomplished in the last TWO weeks?  :D
My Attempted Wedding Blog - http://aroseywedding.blogspot.com/

Re: Wedding Update Wednesday

• I hosted a bridal shower last weekend (in NYC) for my friend who is getting married in May... and am going to her 2nd one (in Boston) this weekend.  Needless to say... I have gotten very little done for my wedding...

But... I did get my MOH dress for hers.  :)  Hope you guys got more checked off than I did!
    My Attempted Wedding Blog - http://aroseywedding.blogspot.com/
  • I finished stuffing invitations into the envelopes, huge check! I'm mailing them in 2 weeks. Also emailed 3 vendors with detail updates, and all 3 replied. Good to know that I still have vendors. FI is getting really excited, even asking me how many days are left.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • We had a huge week!!

After my minor invitation meltdown (thanks for your help, Kim!), I randomly stumbled upon a local lady at a paper store that does invitations! We designed them over the weekend, and once we go through proofs (she'll actually print up a sample as well as pdf), it will only take her 5 days to print! This means, we're on schedule to get them out the first week of May. Yay!

Next major issue... the salon I booked LAST JUNE never actually put the BP in actual time slots. I went to check and make sure everything was set and to schedule my trial run on Tuesday. Turns out when the woman checked our wedding day, they had 3 bridal parties booked that morning!!!! They said not to worry, this is normal and they bring in extra people. For five chairs!?! This is a small salon. AND! They wouldn't take a deposit until last minute. Needless to say, I panicked.. I don't want to be stressed that morning!

My FMIL, bless her, she is a stylist and started making calls. We ended up getting in with an amazing salon downtown and they were VERY professional- took my deposit, scheduled the trial for May, and we'll be the only BP in there that morning. I was sooo relieved and excited! This was how I pictured it, not being rushed and whatnot. Yay! It is a 25 minute drive from the village, but that's OK. Well worth it!

Next check- scheduled my first dress fitting for May 5th! That hit home, as I need to stop eating those little mini snickers at work. LOL. I'm excited, I have no doubt it'll go well!

That's it until today! Time to order the favors!

Hope you all had a wonderful week!
    image 131 invited image 120 are ready to party! image 11 will miss the festivities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mek20mek20 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Oh boy, where to start!

We started buying our favors. We are doing Yankee Candle Votives and they were on sale last week. We bought 72 (the max limit for the sale) and put labels on them and in their little votive holder, and boom. roasted. they look awesome! We will buy the rest when they go on sale again on April 5th (PSA!)

my BM dresses came in! They look so beautiful. They are light blue with a brown sash, and I love love them. Can't wait to see my ladies in them.

I sent out about 10 invites to OOT relatives we don't have regular contact with so they can make travel arrangements/hotel rooms. I got one back in the mail..by one back I mean I got a response envelope that looks like this:
     Completely empty, which means my invite was ripped opening during the canceling process. Someone is going to get an empty envelope that is mangled, or not one at all. So pissed because I have no idea who it is. Luckily, we can narrow it down to about 10 people. I will be requesting that they are hand cancelled when I send out the rest...

Which are being sent in  a week or two. This little situation has got me stressed out and I am scared to send anymore, so they may be delayed even longer :( 

Also, my E-ring has not one but 2 loose stones. I know the prongs are tiny, but this is the second time in a month I have paid a visit to Henry Wilson Jewlers for the same stones being loose. Grrr. 

We are meeting with our RD location (The Retreat) this weekend as well as figuring out the FG dresses with FI's cousin who is making them. 

Phew. Doesn't seem like much, but it has been a very crazy week!

First comes Love (2.23.2006)
    Then comes Marriage (6.23.2012)
    Then comes Baby #1 (5.10.2013)
    And Baby #2 (EDD 6.15.2014)
    In the baby carriage! 
  • We secured two vendors. We paid the deposit on a photographer. We went with Sonia Maria (thanks for the recommendation Larrisa!). We also put down a deposit on Ken Paradise for our DJ. So now we've secured everything that typically needs to be booked in advance and our planning will probably take a hiatus for a bit until it gets within the year time frame. 

NWR, I started a new job that I'm super excited about. I'm the new Yates County Education Coordinator for the Council on Alcoholism and Additions of the Finger Lakes. So far I love it, and the extra income has made me more confident about being able to afford the things we want for our wedding. I was so excited I went ahead and paid for uplighting through Ken Paradise as well!
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • A lot of brides on here use Ken and apparently he's amazing... speaking of which, I still need to get ahold of him. I, too, am ridiculously excited about the uplighting LOL

Kim will be able to give us a good report soon!!
    image 131 invited image 120 are ready to party! image 11 will miss the festivities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We mailed our invitations! Thats the biggest check ever! We've already started getting the RSVPs back- 61 yes's, 2 no's and 174 to go! EEK!! 

I also had my shower this past Sunday- it was amazing! I am so lucky to have such amazing friends and family! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_wedding-update-wednesday-40?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:5ea77f0d-916b-41bd-8003-ff00f396a2acPost:95d3e0b1-7f8c-4cfe-93a8-2a22f17b31ee">Re: Wedding Update Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]A lot of brides on here use Ken and apparently he's amazing... speaking of which, I still need to get ahold of him. I, too, am ridiculously excited about the uplighting LOL Kim will be able to give us a good report soon!!
    Posted by JN382[/QUOTE]

He's my last vendor that I really need to go over stuff with... time is ticking for me!  At least my uplighting is set, and I've started a small music list.  We don't really know what our first dance song is going to be!
    Photobucket Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards