New York

a day of Checks in Geneva

My FI and I took the day of work and traveled to Geneva for a day of appointments with vendors which resulted in a number of Checks! So long...

First we met with the innkeeper, Theresa Gage, of the William Smith Inn.  She was amazing. So helpful and friendly.  The room are really big and the house is beautiful.  She let us reserve the whole house for the weekend of our wedding with no deposit or anything.  She gave us till July (wedding is in Sept.) before our guests need to make any real decisions.   Also the house is ours. We can have people come and go as we like, have parties, whatever we wanna do.  She was extremely accommadating and had lots of suggests (she use to be a wedding planner in the area so she is use to planning wedding stuff).  So FI and I will be staying in the Statemen room the night of the wedding! Check

Also boxed rooms at the Hampton Inn Geneva for our guests for the night of the wedding.  The suites were already booked for the weekend so the FI and I wont be staying there but our guest have the option now.

We also had the opportunity to check out the rental property we reserved thru vacationrentals.com (http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/22841.html). We werent able to go in because we waited till the last moment to ask the owner and she was out of town.  But she said we could walk around the property.  Which is right on the lake and beautiful.   We are going to use the property for the reheresal dinner and my bridal party and I will sleep there with my parents and get ready there.  Only down fall....no way a limo will be able to get to the house caz you have to go down a steep hill with some sharp turns...but I'm thinking a SUV might work as a mode of transportation for me and my two bridemaids?

Next we met with a pastor willing to do our wedding.  No check here yet.  She was nice but Father Adams at St Peters Episcopal Church in Geneva sounds like the perfect fit for our wedding but he is in Europe till the end of Feb so we couldnt met with him.  But he already said he would marry us on the phone so we just need to met with him when he gets back.  SO almost check

Then the cake tasting! We went to club 86 first.  The strawberry cake was delicious. But we were not impressived with the creative aspect of the wedding cakes she showed us. and she refused to do a three tier wedding cake for 60-80 people.   I love cake making shows so I want something unique (for a low cost) and a three tier wedding cake.

So we went to Creative Confections by Linda in Seneca falls.  Sweetest old lady I have ever met and soooo creative.  She is a bit messy with her shop and her cake pictures are all over the place.  But she has been making cakes for 41 years and is soo talented.  And she was only about 50 dollars more than Club 86 for a beautiful work of art and a three tier cake. So we booked her.  Check.

Thanks to Emirose I now have my hair and makeup booked as well.  Danette Stewart at Unique touch has my name reserved for my wedding date.  I just have to wait a little while before I have her play with my hair.  Thank you again Emirose!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: a day of Checks in Geneva

• edited December 2011
    Wow! What an amazing day! That is so awesome. Congrats on all the checks!

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Checking machine!!  Great job!
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    your welcome!
    and by the way Mr. Adams (as I know him) is a great man!!! I grew up with his daughters, I think you'll really like him.
    Photobucket
    image 169 Made the cut!
    image 137 Are ready to party! image29 Are missing out! image 3 Are making me crazy!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi - the fellow Ventosa bride that has been bothering you about almost every aspect of your wedding here - I just looked at the William Smith Inn online and it's beautiful - much more updated than most venues in the area, which is absolutely my style.

Besides staying there on your wedding night - what else do you plan to do with it? Other guests who don't want to stay at the Hampton?
  • edited December 2011
    yay! I also knew you'd love that Inn.. the Gage's are a really great family, so i figured any venture they were in had to be pretty respectable!
    Photobucket
    image 169 Made the cut!
    image 137 Are ready to party! image29 Are missing out! image 3 Are making me crazy!
  • edited December 2011
    Im thinking that the FI and alot of his close family will stay at the inn the night before the wedding.  ANd Ill stay at the rental property with my bridal party and my intermediate family.  Then Ill join the FI at the Inn the night of the wedding.  The statesmen, our room,  is away from the rest of the rooms so its perfect.  We will have our alone time but be able to be close to family the night morning  Theresa suggested we could have a lovely morning after breakfast spread at the inn for everyone to stop by and have.   Im still deciding exactly what we will do.  My Fi keeps reminding me that I cant tell people where they will stay so Im "hoping" his family will choice to stay there. Also my maid of honor is thinking about grabbing a room at the inn as well.  Ill keep you updated. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I spelled your name wrong! SO sorry. *Emierose
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards