New York

RSVP's

I got my first 4 RSVP's today and instead of being overwhelmed with joy, I'm kind of disappointed.  The first one I opened was a decline!  And actually 2 out of the 4 are declines.  If you are declining, why would you RSVP immediately?  It makes me feel like they put no thought into whether they were coming or not and just don't care about us and our wedding.  The 2 declines were not unexpected, but still!  You can't wait 1 more day to put it in the mail so they're not the absolute first ones I see??

Frown
Anniversary

Re: RSVP's

• edited December 2011
    See I looked at it the other way around. If you know you cant come dont waste my time with giving me hope that you might. I got an invite to a wedding in August that I know Ill be oot for and sent it back the next day.

I had family whom I figured werent coming (my cousin was a BM but in her childish temper tantrum chose to drop out and tell me to f off) and they were the very last people to respond...a week after my deadline...with a "5 cant come" and no names. It pissed me off to no end. I had hope that maybe the rest of them grew up and in the end was kicked right back to the ground.

So look at it in a positive light. They knew they couldnt and didnt want to break your heart if maybe you had some hope!

And congrats on your first rsvps :)

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I see it the opposite also.. as in, people want you to know early on so you can make other plans with your budget.
    We've had one-third of our rsvp's back already, and only 4 declines - which makes me a little nervous. Not to sound cold, but we had expected 15 or so no's, and if that happens we will have extra room in the budget to add a few fun extras, but not if its last minute (we'd need to know asap..)

Photobucket
    image 169 Made the cut!
    image 137 Are ready to party! image29 Are missing out! image 3 Are making me crazy!
  • CD2011CD2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I know it's disappointing, but also have to agree with PPs ... I am only waiting on 9 from my side (most of which I know are coming,) but 40 ... yes, 40!!!!! from FI's side... and we have NO CLUE if they're coming, because they're all whining about the location and time, so they may not come. I wish they would just freakin' decide and let me know!!!!!!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You girls are so upbeat!  Thank you.  I'm trying to be positive about it.  I mean, my life is better if 30 people decline because then we're saving our money.  We originally budgeted for 30 less than we invited, so there won't be any upgrades unless way more than that decline.  But 4 down, 26 to go.  Hopefully I'll get some more (yes's and no's) today.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_rsvps?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:763aafd2-fc88-4683-aa77-ffa9d80d315bPost:edc28286-7ee2-4aa5-ad39-1ac6caf3d4e7">Re: RSVP's</a>:
    [QUOTE]You girls are so upbeat!  Thank you.  I'm trying to be positive about it.  I mean, my life is better if 30 people decline because then we're saving our money.  We originally budgeted for 30 less than we invited, so there won't be any upgrades unless way more than that decline.  But 4 down, 26 to go.  Hopefully I'll get some more (yes's and no's) today.
    Posted by sbolger17[/QUOTE]

Great attitude!!  We were secretly "YESSSS"ing every time we got a "no".  We ended up with about 50% decline rate, but I think that is b/c most of the people we invited were 6+ hours away. 

Think of it as money in your pocket, for your honeymoon or (I think it was Kara who said before)... a hot tub for the new house!!! 
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • KES27KES27 member
    edited December 2011
    I think it's definitely better than having them send their response in AFTER it's due, and still say no!!   :)
  • sbolger17sbolger17 member
    edited December 2011
    That is very true, KES!

And actually, all we've gotten since that first day are accepts, so I could go for a few more declines...
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards