New York

Have you used this bridal store?

Hi im from around syracuse area. Ive been looking everywhere for a specific wedding gown that I cant give up on til I try it on. It is Lazaro 3059. But anyways I can only find one shop that carries it. Susan Deborah Bridal Gowns in Rochecter. After reading reviews I am now scared to go in there for I dont want to be treated like crap cause Im not good enough. I was just wondering if anyone has been there and would recommend them. If not do you know of a place that carries Lazaro? Im willing to drive I just don't wanna drive all the way to NYC to go to Kleinfelds. Thanks for any help.

Re: Have you used this bridal store?

• Happily9Happily9 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

My suggestion is to call the company (like the 1-800 number).  Some companies can tell you which stores have the dress you are looking for...that's how I found mine!

• KTina&BJKTina&BJ member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I did they said only that store in Rochester does. Ive been looking into smalled shops to see if I could possibly find it else where but with no luck
  • blakgarnetblakgarnet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to this store to try on the dress I was interested in buying (I had tried it on when visiting my parents in CA and wanted to try it on again before making a decision).  They were pretty rude on the phone - it was going to be a 3.5 hour drive for me in each direction (I liev an hour north of watertown - and were really not willing to squeeze me in when I could come after work.  I ended up convincing them to let me have a shorter appointment since I only wanted to try on the one dress.  Needless to say the experience really didn't make me want to order the dress through them, and since the price they were selling it for was for $800 more than I found it for online...  I bought it online.  Hope that helps you.
  • edited December 2011
    If it's the only store close by, just go and try the dress on. Your real interest is seeing if you actually like the dress in person. So, if you go and they turn out to be as rude as the reviews say, you don't have to buy from them, but at least you'll know if that dress is actually "the one." Then you can buy it online, or over the phone at a different dress shop.

I tried on dresses in PA with my mom, and chose a dress then, but decided to buy it near where I live for convienence. I chose a shop based on good customer reviews and service and had them order it for me. They didn't even carry a sample of that dress, but they ordered it in for me and will do the alterations as well. I'm sure you can do something similar. Even if a shop doesn't have a sample, they still may be able to order it for you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help. I think just because of the reviews maybe ill just make a road trip out of it to NYC.
  • edited December 2011
    I went there and tried a Alvina Valenta dress on - ended up going to Bridal Belle in Henrietta and ordering one that was alot less expensive.  Like the reviews say they are not so plesant there.  If you try it on and love it call Bridal Belle and see if they can order it for you.  I'm fairly certain that the girls there told me they could've ordered me anythiing.  Worth a shot at least. 
    image 182 Made the cut!
    image 129 Are ready to party! image 53 Are missing out! image 0 Are making me crazy!
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Mandies Ive never heard of them and will deff. check them out.
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry I didn't mention the name in my post, but I went to Bridal Belle in Henrietta to order my dress as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Rochester is a tough one. Had to research one for my daughter last year. Aksoys proved to be best in terms of a balance between cost  and quality. 

They had a website but can't seem to find it any more. 

Phone number and address details here: 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards