New York
Options

So, I kinda think pitbulls suck (warning: gross PIP)

Don't know why I feel the urge to share this, but, I got mauled by my friend's pitbull on Saturday night! IDK why but the second they let him out of the cage when I got to her house, he came right up to me, jumped and sunk his teeth right into my lil muscle :( scratch my thigh, my other elbow got effed up... booooooo :(

Re: So, I kinda think pitbulls suck (warning: gross PIP)

• Options
    raes19raes19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, wow that really sucks. Hope you heal up soon and you don't scar from it. I think your friend needs to think about some obedience school for that dog.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG!!! I'm so sorry! You hear about these stories all the time.. personally, I'm terrified of most dogs and try to stay away from any and all. I hope you feel better soon!!
    image 131 invited image 120 are ready to party! image 11 will miss the festivities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    raes19raes19 member
    edited December 2011
    But some dogs look like this:

Trust me, there is nothing scary about him Tongue out
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL-- I'm scared of teacup mini dogs-- a childhood fear that stuck with me for the past 30 years. However, there are many that I think are cute!! I just wouldn't own one.
    image 131 invited image 120 are ready to party! image 11 will miss the festivities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry that happened to you - that is horrible! Some people do not know how to handle and teach their dogs how to act. If the dog is aggressive, she should have known not to let him/her out around a stranger.

It is for reasons like this that I HATE when people says pitbulls suck, or pitbulls are bad dogs. Nothing against you personally, because some people just aren't educated on the subject. Your friends dog isn't a "bad dog", she is a bad owner. Pitbulls can be wonderfully sweet animals, but like any other dog they need to be raised correctly.

this is my pitbull, Frankie. He is the sweetest, most well behaved dog in the world. Wouldn't hurt a fly. The only way he'd attack you is with an endless amount of kisses. He really is just the best dog.

Once again, I'm so sorry that happened to you. But please don't label all pitbulls as bad dogs Frown They have a horrible reputation because of people not knowing how to raise them properly. Sorry for writing a book here, but I really feel strongly about the subject - mostly because my pitbull is the greatest dog I've ever owned and I've seen a lot of awesome pitbulls get euthanized and looked over in shelters because of the reputation people give them. I hope you feel better!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I forgot we had a pitbull mommy on the board! I'm so sorry I offended you, I definitely did not mean that.

I have been around THREE pitbulls prior to this dog that have been nothing but the sweetest dogs ever. In fact, the first time I ever "met" a pitbull was when I brought my brand new, 8-week old, teeeeeny tiny chihuahua puppy, New York, to a friend's house so he could watch her for me while I was at work. He told me when I picked her up that his pitbull, Mya, spend the whole night essentially babysitting New York. I've never been afraid of dogs and my friend kept saying that he might jump on me if they let him out, never once did she say he would actually bite me.

I hope it heals without a scar, too, it's such an ugly injury!
  • Options
    kks4471kks4471 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Wow, so sorry that happened to you :(  Hope you heal well, without scars too.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    kpdorrkpdorr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my! I hope it heals quickly and without a scar! I have to agree though that a lot of dog owners are idiots. Many are trying to do the right thing by adopting a dog, but just don't know what they are getting themselves into, or how to train or manage the behavior of their dog properly. It is not always easy by any means. 

I have a super cute, super nice pit mix that has had to learn proper behavior and I am have to learn how to be a good owner. She had a rough start to life, but now is so sweet. Even though I trust her to the enth degree, we still keep her leashed when guests come over because I know not everyone is comfortable with dogs and sometimes she is over excited an jumpy.

That alll being said, my mom's husband also got bit randomly by a dog at my brothers baseball game last spring. The dog had never had any previous issues- you just never know how one willl react so it is important the owner stays in controll at all times.

I hope you heal quickly Lorna- and also sorry to have written a book!

Here is Ruby with her pound puppy friend:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow!!!  So So sorry!!  I hope it heals fast. 

**food for thought... are you and the dog up to date on your shots??  Don't mean to scare you, but dog bites can be icky business.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Monica, they said the dog JUST got his most recent shots about 2 weeks ago. Trust me, I made sure that was the first thing I asked!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_kinda-think-pitbulls-suck-warning-gross-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:7745f834-63bc-479a-8bf5-74c29b55002fPost:22eb9c67-3502-410a-ae2d-cc5b7ff1b6d2">Re: So, I kinda think pitbulls suck (warning: gross PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Monica, they said the dog JUST got his most recent shots about 2 weeks ago. Trust me, I made sure that was the first thing I asked!!
    Posted by JellyBean52513[/QUOTE]

Well that's good.  Potential Bridezillas are bad enough... having a rabid bridezilla just might be cause for a national crisis.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    sbolger17sbolger17 member
    edited December 2011
    Ooh, so sorry about the bite.  That is scary!  I once got bit by a boxer while running outside and now I get a bit scared if I see dogs off their leashes!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards