New York
Options

5 Months!!

Im getting married in 5 months!! Whoa! Where did the freakin time go? I felt so on track like 4 months ago...then I started school and I feel like I fell behind :(

On a side note. Josh and I went to FMILs house last night and FSIL tells me she doesnt think she can afford the dress. No judgement b/c what is cheap for me is not always cheap for others...but she just stood there staring at me. I told her "You know if you dont have a dress, you cant be in the WP right?" And she repeated "I really dont think I can afford it" *staring at me*...ok well, Im not buying it for you and youve had 6 months so far to save! You couldnt put aside $6/week?? And why are you telling me this now? Ugh. I just dont understand why people wait to tell you wedding stuff...do I really need more stress put on me as it gets closer?

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: 5 Months!!

• Options
    mgietler76mgietler76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the 5 month mark!! I felt the same way when I hit 5 months, and again at 3 LOL. Totally freaked out!

Sorry about your FSIL, if it were me I would probably just pay for the dress, but that's just me. I did end up buying my sister's dress and she's paying me back it just seemed easier that way.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the 5 month mark!!!
    So sorry you have to deal with dress drama.  What a pain!
    I love when people pull the "I can't possibly afford it card" then tell you about the crazy weekend they had drinking downtown or their most recent shopping trip or something else that costs lots of money.  Really annoying.
    I'm not saying she is that type... but that is what I seem to encounter.  Set a few bucks a week aside.  Maybe bring lunch from home once a week or give up that latte. 
    Where there is a will there is a way.... it is not my place to question her committment, but I know if being in someone's wedding was truly important to me, come hell or high water I would find a way to come up with the money.  Knowing you, I am sure you are not demanding an unreasonable amount.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

See, if it were my sister I would totally pay and have her pay me back at least half...but she was able to save the $$. I dont trust FSIL to actually pay me back so I wouldnt offer that and I cant afford to buy it for her at this point. I threw any extra $$ I had into my school loans so Im workin pay check to pay check now. Oh well, I wont cry if she cant be in it.

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • Options
    mgietler76mgietler76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Yeah it's different cuz she's my sister and I know she'll pay me back. Still shittty of her to drop it on you now.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards