New York

Alterations

Hey ladies my wedding is in 7 weeks so I need to get my butt in gear and get my dress in for alterations. I bought my dress at davids bridals but do not want to get the alterations done there since everyone says they do a shotty job and over charge. Im from around the Syracuse area, could you please share where you had yours done? If you could either post on here or PM me phone numbers that would be great. TIA

Re: Alterations

• Maria's Alterations on Beechwood Avenue in Liverpool. She didn't do my wedding dress (NY Bride), but she did my bridesmaids and rehearsal dinner dress. She takes awhile, though, so you might want to get in there ASAP. Also, she has a tendency to alter too tight; so just make sure she doesn't go too small. She's wonderful, though, and will make the changes exactly as you want them.

Good Luck!!!
    image 131 invited image 120 are ready to party! image 11 will miss the festivities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Luis's tailor shop in Lafayette.  He comes highly recommended from my SIL. He moved intricate beading and the dress looked AMAZING!  I went down to him last week and he was soo nice! His shop is soo busy and he makes bridal dresses from scratch :)

His number is 677-9727.

gl

221 Invited image
    185 Ready to Rock! image
    36 Party Poopers image
    0 Can't find the mailbox image
  • mek20mek20 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    A lot of girls on here went to Mary Golden, in Liverpool, including myself. She charged my mom 15 dollars to get her dress hemmed and bustled. My dress cost $75 dollars to get it taken in, shortened and bustled. My dress had a lot of layers underneath (tulle, taffeta, etc).  I don't have her number with me , but it you google Mary Golden or look for  the Golden Touch on facebook you will find her number. 
    First comes Love (2.23.2006)
    Then comes Marriage (6.23.2012)
    Then comes Baby #1 (5.10.2013)
    And Baby #2 (EDD 6.15.2014)
    In the baby carriage! 
  • Thanks Mek20! I think this is the place I had seen the reviews for when our sticky was still here but now that its gone I couldnt figure out what her name was.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards