New York
Options

seamstress??

I think I have seen some threads about this before, but I need someone to do alterations for my dress and I am SO nervous to just go with someone random. So do you gals have an recommendations?? I am in the Utica area but would definitely travel to Syracuse for a good person! Thank you so much in advance!

Re: seamstress??

• Options
    A few of us have used Mary Golden. I can get you her number tomorrow if you'd like. She does her work in her home in Syracuse and her prices are unbeatable.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I have the previous post about Mary copied in my email so I didn't have to search for it... :)  Not sure who I'm quoting....

Ha! I dropped my dress off with Mary Golden of Golden Touches today. Yay! Shes so great and has been a seamstress for like 30 years. She makes you feel so comfortable. Even better. My 9 layer dress and bustle, will cost me $75! Whaaaaaaaaaaat?! I told her I couldnt find anyone under $150 and she said she thought that was absoutely ridiculous and no amount of sewing is worth that much Haha. Ive heard nothing but 100% amazing comments about her so Im really excited!

Ok so heres the deal with Mary: She hates talking on the phone. Sounds funny, but I totally am the same way so I understand. So when you call, you'll always get her answering machine. She lists her hours for you and you leave a message with your name, number, and the date/time you want an appt. If shes already booked she'll call you back, otherwise you just show up! Then she'll tell you to call back in 2-3 weeks and make another appt for a fitting. After your final fitting, when you know youre happy with everything, she steams it and you pick it up a day or 2 later.

I work with a girl that told me how to get there and we google mapped her house so I saw what it looked like b/c she didnt have the address. I have to go back in 2-3 weeks so I can get it then, but if you go to her before that Id ask in the message, Im sure she'll call back and tell you.

Heres her #: 315-451-1140 (You wont find her online fyi. They have 1 listing for her but its totally the wrong address)
    My Attempted Wedding Blog - http://aroseywedding.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Thank you so much! I copied it into my email so I will have it! I am hoping to drop a few pounds so I want to wait to the last minute before I get the alterations done- when do you girls think it the latest I should get it done?? Thanks!
  • Options
    Thats my post you saved!

And yes, Mary is freakin amazing! She did my dress and 2 of my bridesmaids. She also did my sisters wedding dress and moms dress. Love love love her!

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards