New York

Wedding Update Thursday

I saw no one posted up a Wednesday one yesterday... and I forgot to check in later in the day to post if no one did... So many good things this week I needed to post!!  This is long....

1.   I purposely ordered my STD postcards on Tuesday night so I could write something on the Wednesday Update.  :P  Sometimes it's something as simple as posting on the updates that gives you the motivation, haha.

I designed it myself and ordered off VistaPrint for the free 100... and there was some issues when I was checking out so I messaged them and they have me 250 for free!!! I didn't expect that at all.  

I was going to be cheap, and have a friend order another free 100 to her house so I could get the discount, but in the end I didn't even need to.  I hope they look great when they come in!!!

2.   I also got my veil in!!! I ordered from etsy and thanks to the Thanksgiving holiday, the woman was able to make it faster than normal.  I really like it... the edgings not quite what I was hoping for, but it's exactly what the picture shows it will be from another veil the woman made that I based mine off of... It's just a little crazy looking I feel like.... but I'll try it on with my dress and hopefully it will look great.  My dress has like ruffled top so I think it will work well.

I got it in glimmer tulle so it's shiny outside in the sun, but looks normal inside!

(If you're interested it was based off of this listing, www.etsy.com/listing/85627327/white-pencil-edge-fingertip-wedding-veil .  It was only $5 more for the shimmer tulle.... $56 for a veil WITH shipping AND it's custom... can't beat it!)

3.   Finished making my wedding save the date video.  I'll post sometime next week hopefully -- my fiance forgot his youtube password, so we can't post it yet... haha/argh.  I also made a blooper reel lol.

4.   Not really wedding-related, but I also found out I'm going to be an aunt and I got a promotion!  So much is happening!  lol  Now I'm torn between online shopping for babies and getting my wedding stuff done, haha.
My Attempted Wedding Blog - http://aroseywedding.blogspot.com/

Re: Wedding Update Thursday

• raes19raes19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, congrats on all the checks! And yay for free stuff, babies, and promotion- I wish my week was as good as yours!
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • kks4471kks4471 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Nice work bito! FI and I registered at Macy's! It was so much fun. FI fit the sterotype of the guy who clicked on everything. When we got home, I checked online and died laughing at what he scanned. He was ok with me deleting the $180 wooden salad bowl, along with other silly things. I loooove the china we registered for, Waterford Ballet Ribbon. Love their towels and sheets too.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • sbolger17sbolger17 member
    edited December 2011
    Great job, ladies!

I just want to add that since I finally got the CD of my pro pics, I printed a bunch to put in with relative's Christmas cards.  And I spent all day yesterday working on my free Shutterfly photo book.  It's so much fun!!
    Anniversary
  • bitofritsbitofrits member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_wedding-update-thursday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:8c04f321-5aae-472e-aa3f-7961d7802f48Post:c756c4ce-7550-43b5-99ad-d3ed13a1c76a">Re: Wedding Update Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nice work bito! FI and I registered at Macy's! It was so much fun. FI fit the sterotype of the guy who clicked on everything. When we got home, I checked online and died laughing at what he scanned. He was ok with me deleting the $180 wooden salad bowl, along with other silly things. I loooove the china we registered for, Waterford Ballet Ribbon. Love their towels and sheets too.
    Posted by kks4471[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>ooo That's so exciting.  I'm hoping to create my registries this weekend!  Can't waitttt!</div>
    My Attempted Wedding Blog - http://aroseywedding.blogspot.com/
  • edited December 2011
    Yay for everyone who has scratched things off their list!!

My fiance and I picked out our invitations (although we havent ordered them yet)

I ordered my wedding shoes, which should be coming in the mail any day!

I called and got a quote for a cake/cupcakes from the place I really wanted to use and they were really affordable and will deliver to me! Which is good because I live about 2 hours from them.

Also got quotes from two different photobooth companies and still trying to make a decision!

Happy Thursday!
  • edited December 2011
    I also checked some things off this week!
    I finished my door hangers for the inn, which I'm still tickled about.
    I bought my wedding jewelry from etsy and my bridesmaids surprised me by buying me my "something blue" shoes!

Now all I have left is a veil! I 'm leaning towards a birdcage veil, but a part of me loves those long veil floating in the wind photos...

I got quotes from several different hair and make-up artists and have concluded that having them come to me instead of going to a salon may be too expensive after all. On top of the service, they charge a travel fee of $120-$200 to drive 40 minutes! Seriously!?

Other than that, I'm starting to panic a bit because we still have no florist or officiant.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kpdorrkpdorr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ladies! I have again done nothing! I am so jealous of your progress! I better get my act together!

ETA: Love the Save the Dates and the shoes!!!
  • MCTD31MCTD31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_wedding-update-thursday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:8c04f321-5aae-472e-aa3f-7961d7802f48Post:3bd283e6-2fbb-4142-83f4-afd1f1b6fa05">Re: Wedding Update Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay for everyone who has scratched things off their list!! My fiance and I picked out our invitations (although we havent ordered them yet) I ordered my wedding shoes, which should be coming in the mail any day!  <strong>I called and got a quote for a cake/cupcakes from the place I really wanted to use and they were really affordable and will deliver to me! Which is good because I live about 2 hours from them. </strong>Also got quotes from two different photobooth companies and still trying to make a decision! Happy Thursday!
    Posted by ecorcoran88[/QUOTE]

please please please share! i've been tirelessly looking for an affordable cake place, everything close to me starts at $4/pp. i called Club 86 yesterday as many of the girls have recommended but it would be an additional $100 to deliver from Geneva to Manlius, which would put me right back at local prices.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I live in the Adirondack park.. and I am going to be getting my cake/cupcakes from lake placid. It's a place called CakePlacid. They have a website and facebook page that has lots of photos.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards