New York
Options

Syracuse Bachelorette Party

I'm throwing a bachelorette party in Syracuse, ny. I wanted to have some kind of party entertainment at the house. The bride and I recently attended a sex toy party so I don't want to do that again. I was thinking about a lingerie party or bj class or pole dancing class but have not been able to find anyone that does this around the Syracuse area. Anyone have any ideas? Know anyone that may be able to help? Thanks! (I live in the NYC area)
Bridal Style: Elegant rustic

Re: Syracuse Bachelorette Party

• Options
    BJ class?? This exists??? I would be absolutely mortified if my BFF's threw that type of B-party. Ditto with the pole dancing class.

That being said, a lingerie-type party might be fun if she's into that kind of thing (and say, her younger sister, other friends, etc. that wouldn't be embarrassed). I think it depends on the type of person she is- there are jewelry, Pampered Chef , makeup (Avon-ish) type of parties where they travel to people's homes.

Then, of course, there are many spas in the area if you are looking for a nice day out. There are some really reasonably priced ones in the Syracuse area. Again, if you're willing to go out, you could always do a wine tour through the Finger Lakes and rent a limo for the day. A lot of women around here do that and have a blast.

I apologize if this came off wrong-- I just never understood B-parties that are based around sex objects.
    image 131 invited image 120 are ready to party! image 11 will miss the festivities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_syracuse-bachelorette-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:90371f16-6ab6-466f-8326-92eb9b1ffb3ePost:0f331f46-706e-4617-a352-e20d2bcf6b80">Syracuse Bachelorette Party</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm throwing a bachelorette party in Syracuse, ny. I wanted to have some kind of party entertainment at the house. The bride and I recently attended a sex toy party so I don't want to do that again. I was thinking about a lingerie party or bj class or pole dancing class but have not been able to find anyone that does this around the Syracuse area. Anyone have any ideas? Know anyone that may be able to help? Thanks! (I live in the NYC area)
    Posted by SaraBrett[/QUOTE]

<div>I can only imagine what come up when you google that... sorry I'm of no help. </div>
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I just want to say there are plenty of places that do this in Syracuse but none of them are reputable so I wouldn't recommend them. I sense that the bride is into this so I won't discourage, but the closest you'll get to a reputable establishment is some type of Burlesque dancing. If you're ok with this, let me know; if not, Syracuse may not be a good bet.
    Vacation White Knot
  • Options
    I currently have a limo booked for a wine tour but I was looking for something for all of us to do that night. We will all be staying over in Syracuse (distance and drinking= no driving). Any suggestions for dinner and dancing somewhere?
    Bridal Style: Elegant rustic
  • Options
    Oh plenty there!

Depending on what you're in the mood for, Pastabilities is a good bet. World Lounge and Martinin Bar has gotten some pretty rave reviews, but I haven't tried them out myself. There's another club downtown that I can't think of off the top of my head that's near Pastabilities.

I would also suggest driving the extra 15 minutes to Verona to Turning Stone and Lava. Lava is AMAZING! My bach party is being hosted there and it's my dream come true! There are plenty of restaurants there too, so I would suggest that option.
    Vacation White Knot
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_syracuse-bachelorette-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:90371f16-6ab6-466f-8326-92eb9b1ffb3ePost:5929d256-5c9e-408f-bd4c-6c80cb4b8971">Re: Syracuse Bachelorette Party</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh plenty there! Depending on what you're in the mood for, Pastabilities is a good bet. World Lounge and Martinin Bar has gotten some pretty rave reviews, but I haven't tried them out myself. There's another club downtown that I can't think of off the top of my head that's near Pastabilities. I would also suggest driving the extra 15 minutes to Verona to Turning Stone and Lava. Lava is AMAZING! My bach party is being hosted there and it's my dream come true! There are plenty of restaurants there too, so I would suggest that option.
    Posted by melntaitt[/QUOTE]

This! Lava!! My girls are booking a room for us at Turning Stone. TS has some great food options, so we plan on eating, maybe doing some gambling and definitely dancing at Lava! I can't wait.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I don't know of anything for the original question... but bar-wise, I would agree with  World Lounge and Martinin Bar.  I know their drinks were yummy, but I not sure if there's dancing there.  I sat outside cause it was a nice summer night.  :)

There's a whole street of bars in Amory Square: Daisy Dukes (you can ride a mechanical bull) and is connected with a dance club Vinyl, PJ's Pub and Grill is always really packed with dancing on weekends, and Clinton Street Pub has a shot wheel. 

I've heard great things about Lava, but never been.  It's like 45 minutes from Syracuse though.
    My Attempted Wedding Blog - http://aroseywedding.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    mek20mek20 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_syracuse-bachelorette-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:90371f16-6ab6-466f-8326-92eb9b1ffb3ePost:93a4ef3e-4fad-46bc-a04c-50defc860d78">Re: Syracuse Bachelorette Party</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know of anything for the original question... but bar-wise, I would agree with    World Lounge and Martinin Bar.  I know their drinks were yummy, but I not sure if there's dancing there.  I sat outside cause it was a nice summer night.  :) There's a whole street of bars in Amory Square: Daisy Dukes (you can ride a mechanical bull) and is connected with a dance club Vinyl, PJ's Pub and Grill is always really packed with dancing on weekends, and <strong>Clinton Street Pub has a shot wheel.</strong>  I've heard great things about Lava, but never been.  It's like 45 minutes from Syracuse though.
    Posted by bitofrits[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I have heard really good things about the Clinton Street Pub and the shot wheel (from two people you may know pretty well, Rita!!). I reccomend Daisy Dukes,it is a lot of fun! And the mechanical bull will make a great memory, for sure!</div>
    First comes Love (2.23.2006)
    Then comes Marriage (6.23.2012)
    Then comes Baby #1 (5.10.2013)
    And Baby #2 (EDD 6.15.2014)
    In the baby carriage! 
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Syracuse Bachelorette Party:[QUOTE]I don't know of anything for the original question... but barwise, I would agree withnbsp;nbsp;World Lounge and Martinin Bar. nbsp;I know their drinks were yummy, but I not sure if there's dancing there. nbsp;I sat outside cause it was a nice summer night. nbsp;:There's a whole street of bars in Amory Square: Daisy Dukes you can ride a mechanical bull and is connected with a dance club Vinyl, PJ's Pub and Grill is always really packed with dancing on weekends, and Clinton Street Pub has a shot wheel.nbsp;I've heard great things about Lava, but never been. nbsp;It's like 45 minutes from Syracuse though. Posted by bitofrits[/QUOTE]

Thank you! Daisy Dukes was the one I was thinking of!

Have fun with the planning OP!
    Vacation White Knot
  • Options
    In Response to Re: Syracuse Bachelorette Party:
     hi there! i am a passion party consultant. i do tasteful presentations of adult toys for ladies! i sell in other words sex toys. i do bacheloreete parties showers birthdays or ladies night in! i do it all.. it is free of charge for me to do a party within a 30 mile radius! please contact me if you are interested in having one or know someone who  would love to attend a party! we play games give out prizes and best of all  have fun!
    I am also getting married so i know that when my  party comes my girls will hook me up!:)
    congrats to  you all ladies!!! dfigluizzi@gmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards