New York

Weekend plans??

Anyone doing anything fun?

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Weekend plans??

• sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rockin out tonight at the apartment I'm staying in that has central air (mine has none) and going to NYC early tomorrow morning to see FI.  Only 3 more weeks of his internship and then he'll be home!!  Not sure what we'll be doing in NYC, probably just eating good food and checking out a couple of bars.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Softball double header tonight... then a nice long drive to Pittsburgh for a wedding tomorrow.  bleh.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Josh is working his night job tonight @ Carousel so Im thinkin I might surprise him with a change of clothes and washcloth for his face then treat him to dinner.

Tomorrow he may need to work again so Ill work on Thanks Yous and maybe ordering my pics.

Then either tomorrow (if hes not working ) or Sunday he says he has a "romantic date" for us, but he wont clue me in on whats happening, just that it'll take the day. So Im thinkin maybe the Renaissance Fest? I know he really wants to do that. Not sure.

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • edited December 2011
    THe FI and I are volunteering for the Lake placid ironman on Sunday.  Im really hoping for good weather. We volunteer 6 pm to 10 pm Sunday night and then sleep in the car till 9 am Monday morning when FI will be signing up for next years ironman.  Volunteers get higher priority than the general public for sign up so we are hoping he gets to compete.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ski2playski2play member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Very cool smclardy!

And oooh a drive to Pittsburgh, always long, but I so love Pittsburgh.

And hanging in NYC, you lucky, lucky girl.

And last but not least dondadatimes2....my weekend is the same as yours, FI is working the 11 pm to 7 am shift so I will probably sleep alot, and clean.  We have a romantic dinner for two planned for tonight (he cooks, I eat), and then a picnic for work tomorrow evening.

Have a good one everyone!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_weekend-plans-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:95287c2f-4d11-442a-96f5-f581754a0af6Post:ab6bc2d6-edaf-4bbb-ba8c-b9ca9d85dac4">Re: Weekend plans??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Very cool smclardy! And oooh a drive to Pittsburgh, always long, but I so love Pittsburgh. And hanging in NYC, you lucky, lucky girl. And last but not least dondadatimes2....my weekend is the same as yours, FI is working the 11 pm to 7 am shift so I will probably sleep alot, and clean.  We have a romantic dinner for two planned for tonight <strong>(he cooks, I eat),</strong> and then a picnic for work tomorrow evening. Have a good one everyone!
    Posted by ski2play[/QUOTE]

Haha that sounds familiar! His mother insisted I learn to cook so I could "take care of my man". HA. He lived 5 yrs with his grandmother who is an amazing cook, so he was taught well. No way Im letting that go to waste. And its funny b/c food/cooking is the only thing his mom is old fashioned about. She 100% believes a mans dinner should be ready for him when he gets home from work, even if that means cooking a full blown meal, portioning it on a plate then putting it in the fridge for him to warm b/c shes at work or whatever. Not me. You want to eat, you cook :)

• edited December 2011
    To continue on that thought. The first year I spent Thanksgiving with his family we had dinner at his cousins house and afterward everyone is filling bags (yes everything goes in baggies...thats weird to me) and Josh and I were just sitting there and his mom comes over and handed me bags and I said "Im good thanks" and didnt take the bags. She pushed them toward me again and said "Your man needs to eat. Fill him some bags so he has lunch for work". I just stared at her debating my next move and *thank God* his aunt (the only non old school in the family) jumps up and puts the bags in front of Josh and says "Bridgetts MAN has 2 hands and 2 legs. If he wants food, he can get it himself. Do you see me catering to my MAN?!" LOVE HER! I couldnt even believe it.

His mom ended up filling bags for him.

*Side note: He doesnt act helpless at all, just finds it funny how we butt heads so he lets us

• rsfan23rsfan23 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going to Enchanted Forest tomorrow during the day, then meeting my dad, step-mom, bro & his gf in Saranac Lake for dinner. My brother's gf is participating in that Triathalon in Lake Placid Smclardy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • CD2011CD2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is the only weekend before the wedding that we don't have some sort of event going on, so mostly just hanging out. Sunday doing a little shopping for a dress for me, then dance lessons.... but the thing we're MOSTLY focusing on is...

Undoing all of the progress from dieting and exercising!! Hot dogs & cheese fries for dinner Sat, Apple pie & ice cream for dessert. Stella's for bfast Sun, pizza for dinner, left over pie & ice cream for dessert. Some twisted teas & beer both days. Ahhh, I love weekends :)
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    My bachelorette party is tonight!!  All I know is that we're going to Delmonicos and my girls got me a limo!  I'm so excited!  Knowing my friends, I think it's going to be crazy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards