New York

Ceremony/reception site help!

My fiance and I are looking for a location in the Albany/Cooperstown/Catskill/Hudson Valley/Saratoga area to host our ceremony and reception. Ideally, we are looking for an outdoor site (tented), or a renovated barn/rustic setting and are having a hard time searching for unique locations. The big name places are always advertised, but most prove to be out of our price range, and we are hoping for a more intimate setting. We will be having about 150 people (rough estimate). We have already looked at the Appel Inn in Altamont and loved the site but would like to see a few more before making a decision.

I appreciate any tips and advice anyone can give us....I am starting to feel very stressed because it seems places are already booking up for dates next spring and we dont want to miss out!

Re: Ceremony/reception site help!

• edited December 2011
    Riverstone Manor is very pretty- right on the river.  And they have a great outdoor tent you can use.  We would use them for our ceremony but our reception is elsewhere and they don't rent just for ceremonies.  It is near Scotia, NY.
  • chocolatemaltchocolatemalt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree, River Stone Manor is SO pretty. It's right on the Mohawk River and the grounds are green and lovely. I wish we were having our wedding there, but we didn't want to have to use their tent as a backup ceremony location in the case of rain (this was last summer, when it seemed like rain at our wedding would be likely).

Also, I haven't been here, but I have seen some pictures of Altamont Manor (http://www.thealtamontmanor.com/) and it looks really pretty too. If you're in the area maybe you can go check it out--the photos on their website look super dated.
  • mm133123mm133123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try the Pruyn House.  I think there is a barn where they hold the receptions.  As for the Appel Inn, I too looked there for my wedding but there were things I didn't like about it...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Riverstone Manor is VERY pretty but Very expensive. My fiance and I looked there. We are using Birch Hill... 15 min outside albany and they are GREAT!!! Check them out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards