New York

Has anyone else "Won" a honeymoon?

I received a phone call tonight from someone in Florida stating that my fiance and I won a vacation that we signed up for at a bridal show in Syracuse. The guy on the phone said that he has to talk to both my fiance and I so we scheduled a time for him to call back when we were both available. I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I'd love to believe that we won a trip but I have a feeling it may be a scam. Any imput would be greatly appreciated! =)
May 2012 Signature Challenge: Bridesmaid Dress

imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Has anyone else "Won" a honeymoon?

• mgietler76mgietler76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's most likely a scam. I'm like 99.99999% sure, sorry.
  • edited December 2011
    Ha, I got the same phonecall I believe.. So did my fiance.
    it was in florida, in two places or something, and was supposed to be all included for $499 but we had to absolutely pay right that second over the phone.

• edited December 2011

Oh mannnn, I was hoping that it would be the real deal. He said something about choosing from daytona, orlando and one other place. I guess I'll find out tomorrow at 11 when he calls back!

• edited December 2011
    Total BS... don't fall for it.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011

Just got off the phone with him, and it was definitely a scam =(
    He told us that we would have to pay $499 for a "processing fee" and that we would have to sit through a 90 minute presentation once we got to orlando. I told him that winning a honeymoon doesn't mean having to pay almost $500 in fees and that we weren't interested. Oh welll, thanks for all of your replies =)

• edited December 2011
    Hahaha that is too funny! He was quick to get off the phone with me when I told him that I wasn't interested in paying $500. Now I know better not to put my name in those raffles at bridal shows!

• edited December 2011
    thing is.. im not even sure which vendor it was, and that makes me mad. I dont remember signing up for anything at the vacation ish booth.. maybe I did.. but I dont recall.

• edited December 2011
    I got three phone calls like that - and on everyone of them I asked if they could call back the next day so that my fiance and I could both talk to them - never called back. I am sure this is a scam - be careful girls!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I went to the show in Rochester in January and low and behold got a bunch of phone calls about winning a $700 trip to the Dominican Republic...all we had to do was sit through the 90 min presentation for Simplicity Gourmet. Such a scam....beware
    image 182 Made the cut!
    image 129 Are ready to party! image 53 Are missing out! image 0 Are making me crazy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards