New York
Options

Vendor review: The Inn at Glenora Wine Cellars (Seneca Lake)- Food tasting for reception dinner

Glenora:
The tasting at Glenora was fabulous.  I am so so SO happy with our decision and this just set it in stone even more.
As soon as we showed up (kevin, my most awesome and brutally honest BM Allison and I), they gave us a glass of champagne and a quick tour.  We know the place well, but I still love the tour... they really treat us like royalty.
Sherry (wedding coordinator) answered all of my questions and I really felt (at least for one day) like my wedding is just on cruise control.  It was a beautiful thing.
Oh- and the food- oh my gosh... absolutely amazing.  We are just thrilled and can't wait to see it all come together.

For our apps, we chose-
Bruschetta, Risotto Truffles
Coconut Crusted Shrimp, Bacon Wrapped Scallops (these were PERFECTION, btw... I am very picky about bacon wrapped anything... it is so easy to have mushy bacon)
steak skewers w/ marsala wine sauce
Meal:
Lemon Caper Chicken, Garlic Crusted Salmon
Bowtie Penne, Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
Grilled Seasonal Vegetables

Everything (even the options we didn't select for the wedding) was fabulous!!!  One of the best parts was after our tasting, the chef came to sit with us and discuss the meal... he was very personable and open to suggestions/changes (which I was very surprised about)... a little more of this spice, a little less of that sauce.  They were very determined to give us exactly what we wanted. 

Review:
Glenora:  --  pricey, but they definitely delivered.  We are paying $38/pp for the buffet and, to be honest, I was a little blown away by the price, but after the tasting I do now feel that we will be treating our guests to an amazing $38 meal (as opposed to an overpriced wedding buffet).

Hope my reviews help anyone who is still in the decision making stage. 
I will definitely post more after the wedding.
Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
Online Garage Sale
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
monica & kevin married 5.28.11
bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Vendor review: The Inn at Glenora Wine Cellars (Seneca Lake)- Food tasting for reception dinner

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Glenora looks so magnificent! If you don't mind me asking; for the price of $38/pp is that inclusive of everything? Or just the food? I.e. Is there an additional site fee etc? Thank you in advance!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This does not include alcohol (yikes) and there is an additional site fee.
    For a Saturday, it is $3K  (ouch... I know)
    The fee varies depending on what day of the week (Friday/Sunday are cheaper) and what rooms you need (outdoor ground only is also cheaper, vs using the restaurant).
    The fee includes the room set up, use of their centerpieces if you choose, services of Sherry Spotts, the wedding coordinator, and a few other goodies.  They do not charge a cake cutting fee (which I have heard can be ridiculous at other places) and the brdie & groom get a deluxe room (fireplace and jacuzzi tub) included for the wedding night.

The price is pretty steep... but the place is absolutely gorgeous.  This was our big splurge... I am being a tightwad about pretty much everything else, I think.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for all of that information! I really appreciate it. I still really have no idea where I want to get married.  Just looking for any information/ideas. But congratulations on booking such a magnifcently beautiful site!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards