New York
Options

Invitation feedback

Hi ladies-
I am really liking these all-in-one wedding invites because we are trying to reduce paper and be eco friendly. I am wondering if anyone has used, or received an invitation like this: http://www.foreverfiances.com/Recycled_Paper_Invitations_Shalom_p/shalom_recycledharmony.htm

They don't have envelopes so I am wondering if they will stay closed well. Also the rsvp is a postcard and I am wondering your thoughts on that.

Our wedding is outdoors next May. It is going to be a combination of rustic and simple elegance, so I think the invitation portrays that. I know they are less formal than a traditional invite.

Honest thoughts please!!!

Thanks,

Kate

Re: Invitation feedback

• Options
    sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Kate!

I think these invitations are awesome!  But to be honest, they would make me a little  nervous.  Just because I feel like things get messed up in the mail fairly often.  Can you order a sample and mail it to yourself?

As for RSVP postcards, I'd be fine with that, although I do feel like they might have a tendency to get lost more easily (both by the PO and by guests). 

Ours are regular invitations and we know of at least 1 that did not reach its recipient -- I guess that happens, but it's weird!  And it makes me wonder how many others got lost...
    Anniversary
  • Options
    bitofritsbitofrits member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I received 2 different wedding invitations similar to these (not same paper, but same general setup).  Just using a sticker to seal it was fine.  One did get a little roughed up in the mail, but it looked like it was a pretty thin card stock.  The other one that was a thicker cardstock came in perfectly fine.

The paper itself is really cute and different.  Both of hte ones I received were just plan white and personally I thought they were a little boring.

Good luck!
    My Attempted Wedding Blog - http://aroseywedding.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love it! As a guest, I would think it was unique. Plus postcard postage rates for rsvps are cheaper!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards