New York

I should stop expending energy on this...

...but I just got an email that the BBB complaint that I filed about the jewelry store where we took our rings to be engraved has been closed because the BBB determined that the store's response was adequate.  I think that is a load of crap!  The store didn't acknowledge any wrongdoing or bad behavior whatsoever.  And as of now, it doesn't say anything on the BBB website about a filed complaint at all!  I'm going to call them as soon as I get off work to see what happens in the future. 

I  know that I need to let this go and I have a million other things to worry about, but I am still so angry!  I want them to be punished for their terrible behavior and it seems they aren't.  I trashed them on Yelp, Insider Pages, etc., and on here.  I should look at Wedding Wire too.  I guess there's not much more I can do but I feel so helpless.

Undecided
Anniversary

Re: I should stop expending energy on this...

• edited December 2011
    I would continue to post reviews on whatever sites you come across - not only to help others, but also to let off steam.

Throughout the wedding planning process, I have been dependent on reviews from sites like Wedding Wire. If I was considering that jewelry store and saw what you had to say, I would absolutely steer clear of it.
  • edited December 2011
    Agreed- I would post on any sites that ask for reviews. As I've mentioned many times before, I was terrified of hiring a DJ. When I saw even one negative review about one I was considering, I started a new search for someone else.

I think posting negative responses really does have an impact on who someone might/might not choose to work with. I'm really sorry you had such a bad experience, but know that by getting the word out you are helping someone else!
    image 131 invited image 120 are ready to party! image 11 will miss the festivities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you, ladies.  It feels good to know that reviews matter.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    So sorry this is still eating at you, Sarah! 

Definitely continue to psot reviews and let off as much steam as you need to.  Word of mouth does wonders and bad news travels fast.  If it makes you feel any better, drop their name again and I'll spread the word... I've got a pretty big mouth. 
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • sbolger17sbolger17 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_should-stop-expending-energy-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:bcdc08dc-42cb-463b-9065-515cd94b39e9Post:ec4a5948-303d-41e1-bba1-f312dfaa6eae">Re: I should stop expending energy on this...</a>:
    [QUOTE]So sorry this is still eating at you, Sarah!  Definitely continue to psot reviews and let off as much steam as you need to.  Word of mouth does wonders and bad news travels fast.  If it makes you feel any better, drop their name again and I'll spread the word... I've got a pretty big mouth. 
    Posted by kevinandmonica2011[/QUOTE]

Schooley's Jewelers in Ithaca! 

:-)  Feeling better today.
    Anniversary
  • AllgaierAllgaier member
    edited December 2011
    I'm one that always reviews anything before I buy or go or hire. So by you posting bad reviews I know I'm one to balk if I see one bad review.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards