New York

Wedding Update Wednesday

Good morning everyone! This will be a P&R, since 1. I'm deathly ill, 2. I have class at 8:30 and 3. I don't have much to update lol other than that we set an appointment to see a venue for next weekend. How's planning going for everyone!?

Re: Wedding Update Wednesday

• edited December 2011
    We booked our florist and Photographer.

I am SUPER psyched about my florist, she's like my decorating soul mate! MY photographer not so much, I really dragged my feet on this and I know I'm settling, but what can you do?

I ordered my STDs, and started working with designer on our invites, our return address stamp is already in the mail.

Blocked hotel rooms for our guests and worked on registry.  Thats about it for last week(end)

Sept 2012 Siggy:Bridesmaids' Dresses
    Bari Jay 911 in Raspberry
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kks4471kks4471 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    My MOH drove out here for the weekend, and we went shopping for bridesmaids dresses.  We wrote down our 3 favorites from Alfred Angelo.  She's going to check out David's Bridal in Albany, and hopefully I'm free and can join her.  I'd like to order them in January, so we still have time to search.

Side note, today is my 7 month mark!  I'm just a smidge excited :P  My day countdown is at 213, can't wait to be under 200.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Megan, your dress is BEAUTIFUL!

We've finalized the guest list (and it's grown significantly from where it started, yikes).

I'm finishing up the website so that save the dates can be sent this weekend or early next week. Our save the dates came out amazing - I highly recommend Brooke at Cloudless Sky Studios for all your paper and unique gift needs.

I'll be home for a week around Christmas so I've been setting up appointments with different vendors including our DJ and potential makeup artists.

My mom picked up my dress last weekend! And I'm reasearching ways to add sleeves to it.
  • kpdorrkpdorr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked our Honeymoon!!!!!! So excited; we are going to a small private island in the British Virgin Islands- Peter Island Resort. I really wanted a quiet, relaxing honeymoon and this seems perfect!

Also have lost 5lbs since starting on my healthy eating plan 2 weeks ago! I am pretty pumped and once I get to 10 I'm going to try my dress on again! (it is at my mom's already!!) It fit before, but I know I'll be more comfortable a few (well, more than a few but less than a ton) pounds slimmer.

That's it for this week! 185 days to go! Yikes!
  • kpdorrkpdorr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    By the way, feel better Lorna! Going to class while deathly ill realllllllllly blows!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh yes, the honeymoon! That's FI's job and he started seriously looking into it this week. Right now, we're leaning toward a two-week trip to Santorini, Mykonos and Istanbul. He wants to be able to explore different parts of the world while I want to relax so this seems like a wonderful compromise that we'll both love!
  • bitofritsbitofrits member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Met with the planner and she gave me a list of hw to do....
    But I also have her a list of hw to do... haha

Otherwise, haven't done too much... just started on my list of to dos, but haven't officially checked anything off of it. :\
    My Attempted Wedding Blog - http://aroseywedding.blogspot.com/
  • edited December 2011
    Haven't done a thing and feel kinda lousy about it! We did a lot a few weeks ago, though. Engagement pictures, booked the DJ and the photographer, bought the dress, bought everything for my centerpieces and lots for more reception decor. I'm pretty much okay with taking a break for awhile, we are 100% focused on the house!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • mek20mek20 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bought STD's (Again....ugh..3x the charm?)
    Gathering addresses to send out STDs in a week or two.
    (Still) working on registry
    looked at wedding bands 
    picked up engagement ring (prongs to middle stong was loose...Yell)

2/5 bridesmaids have ordered there dress
    lastly, researched different bridal belts!

...and lots of lesson plan writing procrastination!
    First comes Love (2.23.2006)
    Then comes Marriage (6.23.2012)
    Then comes Baby #1 (5.10.2013)
    And Baby #2 (EDD 6.15.2014)
    In the baby carriage! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards