New York

Colors, themes?

Just curious what everyone is doing?
 I am using deep purple and lighter green (celery-ish) with lighter purple accents with a "wine" theme, although its not a winery wedding, I'll be using grape vines in the centerpieces and decor, and our favors will be mini-wine bottles. We have until next Sept though so I'm still finalizing the plans...
Photobucket
image 169 Made the cut!
image 137 Are ready to party! image29 Are missing out! image 3 Are making me crazy!

Re: Colors, themes?

• edited December 2011
    lol--mine is in 2.5 weeks and it is eggplant, berry (NOT fushia, lol) and that green you are talking about.  Actually, my invites keep showing up on the left side of my knot page for wedding paper divas (brilliant blooms, which is where I got the colors from).  All of my friends had the burgundy and burnt orange so even though I love it I wanted something different :)
  • edited December 2011
    I love that invite!! So cute, and so exciting your day is getting so close!!! And if you have any cool purple/green things to sell after the wedding you know who to come to!
    Photobucket
    image 169 Made the cut!
    image 137 Are ready to party! image29 Are missing out! image 3 Are making me crazy!
  • edited December 2011
    I am doing a vineyard/winery theme also.  Our reception is at Glenora on Seneca Lake... so perfect.
    Our colors are Lapis (eggplant or deep, dark purple) with silver, ivory/white and possibly green accents. 
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • C*MiaC*Mia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our colors are eggplant, black, silver and colors in peacock feathers. We don't really have a theme but we are using a lot of feathers as accent decorations :) wedding is 1.5 months away! 
  • xtina1221xtina1221 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am getting married this month at Belhurst!!! Our theme is "wine"- So my colors are the same as yours.. the color of grapes was the plan- so we're using "plum" and the lighter green, with silver accent. We are also throwing in a few fall colors too.

Good luck with planning- it goes SO fast

• edited December 2011

Our colors are a darker red and very dark brown.  We sort of have a two-fold theme:  woodsy and "Pride of New York."  We met at SUNY ESF - I'm an environmental tech and FI is a lumberjack.  :)  Each of our tables is named after a tree species, and our cupcakes & cutting cake will be set up on sections of log.  All of our wine and most of our beer is made in NY, and our caterer has sourced most of our food from NY as well.  We'll have cider from a local cider mill as well!

• bfuller1085bfuller1085 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our primary color is Clover Green (Davids Bridal) and were going to throw in different shades of green where we can. We dont necessarily have a theme but we are using Irish touches where we can.
  • edited December 2011
    Our colors are green (more of a lime green) and black.  Our theme for the wedding, since it is outdoors in the adirondacks, is a rustic/outdoorsey feel.  We have not started on any of the centerpieces or facors so suggestions are always welcome!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow apparently purple is popular! We're doing purple and chocolate brown with ivory accents. No theme per se.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • rraven2718rraven2718 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are another purple wedding! We are using eggplant purple and ivory and accenting with burnt orange. We have a little bit of a theater/movie theme going since we are getting married in a theater (our programs look like Playbills, we are doing a popcorn buffet).
  • edited December 2011
    omg everyone's colors sound so pretty and unique!  Emie--I will have a few things--I made all my pew bows and will post pictures after.  I have some in the purple and then some in a glittery silver wired ribbon too...they are very full with long tails.  I'll post stuff for everyone that I have to sell.  yay!
  • edited December 2011
    awesome ideas everyone! And Kelly - have you considered using green apples in square vases (for the limey green)? I saw some really cool photos somewhere on the knot where they did that, with white and green flowers, and a black ribbon tied around the vase.
    Photobucket
    image 169 Made the cut!
  • edited December 2011
    rraven, I love the idea of a popcorn buffet!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • S_A_FriedelS_A_Friedel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding was clover green (davids bridal color) with accents of light pink and white.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards