New York
Options

photographer

My fiancé and I, who live in Spain, were going to have an intimate wedding first in Syracuse where my parents lived as my father's health did not allow him to travel and then marry in Pamplona where we live. We booked a photographer, Kristin (http://www.theknot.com/Vendors/K-Photos/Profile/PHO/189/374561/profile), whose portfolio and professionality greatly impressed us and who in fact received our deposit the very day my father passed away, about one week ago. As it would just be too emotionally stressing to marry in Syr. and as it no longer makes sense to us, we have decided to cancel and just marry in Pamplona. However, in order to receive our deposit, someone would have to take over our date, Friday August 3, 2012. Please, if anyone is interested in that date, do let me know.

Re: photographer

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I won't be any help on the photographer issue, but I wanted to say I am sorry for your loss.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    First of all, sorry to hear about you father.  Secondly, most people don't give back deposits, but if she is willing ot give it back to you if she books the date, she should just give it back to you!!!  I think it is ridiculous that you have to wait for someone else to book the date.  She should refund you the money and just open that day back up on her calendar.  Photographers book quickly, so if she is any good, then she should be able to get work on that day.  Her hanging onto your money seems a little shadey and I would demand it back without her booking someone on that day.  That is just shady!!!  I have my own business in the health/beauty industry and I would give someone a refund if they were in your situation.....it's just good business!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards