New York
Options

Ring Shopping

Who knew ring shopping would be so hard??  I thought it would be fun, but it kind of wasn't.  I had no idea that I would have trouble finding what I want: eternity band, no channel, pretty flat, diamonds should be very delicate, etc. 

Maybe I'm being too picky; I just feel like I'm going to be wearing it for the rest of my life, so I want it the way I want it!  I think we'll probably have to customize the ring.  This was just so much harder than I thought it would be!

And the rings are way more expensive than I thought too.  Oops, sorry, FI!  Kiss
Anniversary

Re: Ring Shopping

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That it is! I looked at every store that sold jewelry in Syracuse, Rochester, Albany and Boston before finding what I settled on and I'm still not totally happy with it but it works lol.

Good luck and try not to settle until you find the right one and never buy directly off the internet go look at the ring first!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the process of ring shopping too...It is really hard and frusterating.  I actually gave up for awhile.  Henry wilson is having a big sale on APril 16 where a bunch of different vendors will be there with a larger then usually selection.  Im hoping i find something then.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It was pretty easy for me. I love my e-ring and didnt want more bling on my hand (weird huh?) So I got a white gold band. Done. Haha

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_ring-shopping-kind-of-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:dc6ab4fc-af20-41f4-92a4-dfae610ef81bPost:1bda1f5a-a611-49cc-91ef-ef74963248a9">Re: Ring Shopping</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm in the process of ring shopping too...It is really hard and frusterating.  I actually gave up for awhile.  Henry wilson is having a big sale on APril 16 where a bunch of different vendors will be there with a larger then usually selection.  Im hoping i find something then.
    Posted by smclardy[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a good option.  I went to the 3 jewelers in Ithaca and none had that big of a selection.  I think I might try to to go the diamond district in NYC too.

Bridgett, you are lucky!  I have a really classic e-ring that I love, but the plan all along has been to get a wedding band with a small amount of bling to make the classic bling pop even more if that makes sense. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine came as a set.  Good thinking, Kev!!!
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_ring-shopping-kind-of-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:dc6ab4fc-af20-41f4-92a4-dfae610ef81bPost:d437b3f6-64af-4755-9c9c-02c89dc215a6">Re: Ring Shopping</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bridgett, you are lucky!  I have a really classic e-ring that I love, but the plan all along has been to get a wedding band with a small amount of bling to make the classic bling pop even more if that makes sense. 
    Posted by sbolger17[/QUOTE]

That actually makes perfect sense.

Part of me didnt want Josh spending too much on another ring. If I had mentioned a band with diamonds he would have gone crazy with the price. But we have so much we want to do to our house and for ourselves that it just doesnt seem right to spend it on the ring right now.

*Good thinkin Kev! Such a smart cookie! :-P

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_ring-shopping-kind-of-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:dc6ab4fc-af20-41f4-92a4-dfae610ef81bPost:ef51af42-e063-49c8-9e3c-1de2ccf06c38">Re: Ring Shopping</a>:
    [QUOTE]*<strong>Good thinkin Kev! Such a smart cookie! :-P
    </strong>Posted by DondadaTimes2[/QUOTE]

I am going to tell him you said that... and (knowing him) his response will be...  <strong>COOKIE?!?!?!?
    </strong>
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_ring-shopping-kind-of-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:dc6ab4fc-af20-41f4-92a4-dfae610ef81bPost:5fa360f0-31b1-44b4-8ed6-f185447fd37f">Re: Ring Shopping</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ring Shopping : I am going to tell him you said that... and (knowing him) his response will be...  COOKIE?!?!?!?
    Posted by kevinandmonica2011[/QUOTE]

Haha!

Believe people when they say you grow up to be just like your mother. Ive fought it so freakin hard but Josh can tell you otherwise. That cookie comment, one of those annoying thing my mom says all the time and yet it just spewed out of my mouth (fingertips?) as if it were something I say all the time!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    There is a bridal show at Henry Willson in shoppingtown mall from 10-6 on saturday April 16th... they said that they would have a bunch of ring vendors there, i will be there and then i am going to boom boom mex mex because it is opening day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My engagement ring is Martin Flyer- Flyer fit so the type of band was a no brainer. They have one with matching diamonds and it has small grooves to lock them in without sodering... I loveeeee it!

Anyway.... Kevin priced it when he got my engagement ring and it has gone up almost 1000 since he bought it because the price of metal has skyrocketed! Luckily we have a cousin who just started working at a local jewler and we hit a friends and fmaily discount!

Just a hint... if you are looking at rings and offer to buy the one in the case... they will cut you a deal :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice, kkozlo!  Yes, I know metal, esp platinum, which is what I want, has gone up a lot recently.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards