New York

I'm a Mrs! (PIP)

I'm back and my wedding was absolutely wonderful!  Everything went (almost) perfectly and it was a truly beautiful day!  I could not have asked for better.

Long recap:

The rehearsal day was totally crazy; naturally, I hadn't left myself enough time for everything, but I managed not to be too late.  It was pouring rain that day, so it made everything a little uncomfortable even though the service was indoors (in a 1-room chapel with no foyer or anything like that, so once you're inside, you're inside!).  The rehearsal dinner was amazing -- so beautifully decorated with good food and good company.

I barely slept that night, but the wedding day dawned and it wasn't raining!  I took a walk around the grounds of the inn and chapel that morning and got my feet totally soaked.  After getting ready, I took some pictures with my girls and my mother ahead of time around the inn.  Then it was time to head over to the chapel!

Everything was beautiful; the service, the singing, the flowers.  I beamed the whole way down the aisle, but started crying almost immediately when the service started.  I cried through my vows, but not enough that I had to stop speaking or anything.  I was just so overwhelmed and happy.  We had a birdseed toss and it seemed like it was pelted at us!  So fun though!

After pictures (during which I wore rain boots to walk around the still-wet grounds of the inn), we came to the reception.  Very fun!  Our first dance went well; everyone loved the one special dance move we did (twirl and then dip).  The speeches were amazing, especially my mother's.  The food was quite good (I was a little worried about that part).  Going around to the tables was fun, but got exhausting after awhile and it took forever!  I danced for most of the night after dinner; it took awhile, but we had everyone dancing by the end of the night.  Our cake cutting almost felt like a non-event though.  The inn has a couple of different rooms and maybe only a third of our guests came in and watched that part!  I think people didn't really realize it was happening.

Our brunch the next day was a great chance to see everyone one last time!  The whole weekend was the best weekend of my life!  Can't wait for the minimoon in 2 weeks!

Starting my walk down the aisle with my brother.

Leaving the chapel with my husband!

On our way to take some pics.

Check out my rain boots!

Introduction!

Me chatting during table visits.

Pic the day after with the umbrella we didn't need!  (I was still going to take a professional pic with it and forgot.)

These are all non-professional pics; will post those when I get them!
Anniversary

Re: I'm a Mrs! (PIP)

• edited December 2011
    Beautiful, Sarah!!!  You are glowing!  Congrats!
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • kks4471kks4471 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Aww, I love your huge smile, you look so beautiful!!!  Congratulations :)
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • MelissaC315MelissaC315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Beautiful pictures; you were a stunning bride! And I love love that dress!

And on a side note, I'm super happy to hear that Fontainebleau was amazing! We were going to meet with Terri this weekend but couldn't make it so we're meeting with her this Saturday Laughing

• edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!!  You looked beautiful!
    221 Invited image
    185 Ready to Rock! image
    36 Party Poopers image
    0 Can't find the mailbox image
  • raes19raes19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! You look so elegant in your lace dress and the rain boots crack me up. Nice job on the color coordinating them with your bouquet Tongue out
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • Happily9Happily9 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_im-mrs-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:e5787bb9-2ca7-4fcb-916b-9d992a23bf23Post:2be8e299-b626-4efa-9e78-2a4fa2bb3cb3">Re: I'm a Mrs! (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Beautiful pictures; you were a stunning bride! <strong>And I love love that dress</strong>! And on a side note, I'm super happy to hear that Fontainebleau was amazing! We were going to meet with Terri this weekend but couldn't make it so we're meeting with her this Saturday
    Posted by MelissaC315[/QUOTE]

You stole the words right from my mouth!  I can't wait to see the professional pics!
  • rsfan23rsfan23 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Very beautiful! :) I saw some of your pictures on FB and you look great! :) Glad everything went well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • sbolger17sbolger17 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_im-mrs-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:e5787bb9-2ca7-4fcb-916b-9d992a23bf23Post:2be8e299-b626-4efa-9e78-2a4fa2bb3cb3">Re: I'm a Mrs! (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Beautiful pictures; you were a stunning bride! And I love love that dress! And on a side note, I'm super happy to hear that Fontainebleau was amazing! We were going to meet with Terri this weekend but couldn't make it so we're meeting with her this Saturday

Thank you, ladies!!

Melissa, I didn't know you were looking at it -- it's such a great place!  It would have been neat if you'd come on Saturday!  Actually, 2 brides peeked into my room while I was getting ready.  :-)
    Anniversary
  • MelissaC315MelissaC315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I totally would have saw you if I went on Saturday. awww. But yeah FI and I are looking there. One b/c we are in love with it online. And two, we were unhappy with the place we currently had booked so we dropped them and doubled our budget and are on the hunt for our dream place haha. A little bit nervous b/c we have to find another place now. But we want to be at a place that we love and are happy with their service and coordinator. I've heard nothing but wonderful things about Fontainebleau :)

• edited December 2011
    Congratulations! Your dress is beautiful - I can't look at too many pictures or I'm going to regret already purchasing mine ;)
  • sbolger17sbolger17 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_im-mrs-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:e5787bb9-2ca7-4fcb-916b-9d992a23bf23Post:16a95059-600b-4815-9d4e-3c65cbf8d039">Re: I'm a Mrs! (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I totally would have saw you if I went on Saturday. awww. But yeah FI and I are looking there. One b/c we are in love with it online. And two, we were unhappy with the place we currently had booked so we dropped them and doubled our budget and are on the hunt for our dream place haha. A little bit nervous b/c we have to find another place now. But we want to be at a place that we love and are happy with their service and coordinator. I've heard nothing but wonderful things about Fontainebleau :)

I'll post a full review sometime soon, but Terri and John are terrific!  They are so nice and they really know what they're doing and are so organized.  If you're getting married in July, the only thing I'd say to check about is how they keep it cool during the summer.  The dining room and cake room got a bit hot on Saturday just from all the bodies (it was nice and cool outside under the tent though).  I'm not sure if there's AC or not...

Thanks, Chelsea!
    Anniversary
  • CD2011CD2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You look gorgeous!! And I LOVE the rainboots! ;) Welcome to the Mrs. club!!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    You look amazing! And what a fantastic day... yay September knotties!!! Smile
    Photobucket
    image 169 Made the cut!
    image 137 Are ready to party! image29 Are missing out! image 3 Are making me crazy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards