New York
Options

Irene

So they evacuated Ocracoke Island today, my favorite place in the world (was just there two weeks ago), and our honeymoon destination next summer! I hope that there is minimal damage :-(

Speaking of vacations, it's a great place if anyone is looking to go somewhere in the states!
image 131 invited image 120 are ready to party! image 11 will miss the festivities! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Irene

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hopefully, she'll veer off course and into Atlantic. They're saying we (in the NYC area) could get torrential downpours and sustained winds of 90 MPH this weekend.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like a good weekend to be indoors!!

I'm really hoping it turns out to sea!
    image 131 invited image 120 are ready to party! image 11 will miss the festivities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yuck, I have to drive from New York to Boston, MA this weekend. Seems I always pick the best weekends to travel!
  • Options
    raes19raes19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's really windy in Geneva today. Not sure if it's from Irene or not, but with the tornadoes and earthquakes, why not throw a hurricane into the mix?
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    sbolger17sbolger17 member
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I'm hoping it veers away.  We're driving to a wedding in northern VA on Friday.  The wedding is Saturday.  Then driving back home Sunday.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    sbolger17sbolger17 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_irene?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:e6633cca-2f68-4598-ad8a-e2b412799fc6Post:5975217e-6b7d-426b-8e50-73e8318de27d">Re: Irene</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's really windy in Geneva today. Not sure if it's from Irene or not, but with the tornadoes and earthquakes, why not throw a hurricane into the mix?
    Posted by raes19[/QUOTE]

In Ithaca too!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're putting ourselves under a self-imposed evacuation this weekend because our city floods in heavy rain, so I can't even imagine what it's going to be like... We're packing up, bringing our friends, their pets and heading to the 'burbs to ride out the storm.

I feel bad for anyone along the Eastern seaboard who is having a wedding this weekend. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards