New York
Options

TGIF!!

Weekend plans, ladies?

I have class tonight.  Blah

Tomorrow we are going to do a cake tasting at Club 86 in Geneva (Thank you Emie!!!) then going to Glenora for a food tasting.  (Check and Check!!!)
Two of our closest friends (BM and GM... husband and wife) will be joining us and we are planning to enjoy several wineries along the way!!
So.... it's like a multi-tasking wine tour.  A little cake... a little food... a lotta wine.  Laughing  It's going to be an awesome day *minus, of course, the negative 50 degree weather... slgiht exaggeration, but for this FLorida born chick, it may as well be negative 50.  Stupid frozen tundra that is Syracuse.

Sunday, I think I might pick up an extra shift at job #2.  The sellers accepted our offer on the house so I need to really step it up.  Buying a house and paying for a wedding = one broke Monica.  Frown

How about you gals?  Whatcha up to?
Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
Online Garage Sale
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
monica & kevin married 5.28.11
bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: TGIF!!

• Options
    mgietler76mgietler76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't know you were buying a house as well! Congrats

I am working until 9pm tonight and tomorrow from 730-6 so most likely I will just chill around the house.

Sunday FI and I are going to look at some more houses (we recently decided that it's not worth it for us to rent) But unless we up the price we are willing to pay it doesn't look very promising LOL It's always the same cape or ranch over and over and over!!! Hopefully this new batch offers something more.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Where are you looking?
    Online Garage Sale
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well I would like to stay in West Seneca but the taxes are murder! LOL We're looking a lot into Cheektowaga right now as well as South Buffalo.

I really love the charm if the SB houses with yhe amazing woodwork and gigantic rooms for a very reasonable price but those houses are older and have more problems.

Plus there are only certain parts of both places that I would be willing to live so that narrows down our options as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hear ya.  I am way east, but we went trough the same tough decisions.  We live on Onondaga Hill right now and love the Camillus area, but the taxes were nauseating!!!
    So... we widened our search to Liverpool (I get lost every single time I drive there... great) and Clay, etc.
    We found that we got a little more "bang for our buck" out that way, you know.  But then you have other stuff to deal with... longer drive, schools are quite as good, farther from shopping, etc.
    We had ot weigh our options and went with L-pool/Clay for now... hopefully we will get to move back to Camillus/the hill in 6 years or so...
    I definitely don't think renting is worth the money if you know that you are going to stay in that area for a long time.  The market is in such a great place for buyers right now.
    Have you considered a rent-to-own?
    Online Garage Sale
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks!!!   Smile  Liverpool/Clay.

Online Garage Sale
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I find rent to own to be such a scam, it's usually only like 10% of what you're paying in rent that goes towards actually owning the house.

The school system in Buffalo is DEFINITELY not where we want our children to go, so if we go into South Buffalo it would be like a 5yr plan. We decided if tha's the case and we find we aren't able to move before our kid(s) start school that I would use my mom's address and drive them to school.

I think we have to compromise on some things that we want like a formal diing room and a large fenced in yard.We can get the yard in an affordable house in Cheektowaga, but we won't get the dining room and vise versa for a SB house LOL

Can you tell I'm a teensy bit frustrated?!?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kara- I'll text you w/ new address

Meaghan- I undertsnad the frustration.  You really just have to prioritize and decide what you are willing to give up in order to stay within your budget.
    I got very frustrated when I wasn't finding exatly what I wanted... then I realized that the only way to get your exact dream house is to build it yourself.  Other than that, you have to be willing to compromise.  Remember, you are buying someone else's former dream house... not your own.  But with a little paint, some work and a LOT of patience, you can make it yours. 
    Also... as far as rent to own.... it's definitely not ideal, but... if you are going to rent, putting 10% toward a possible mortgage is better than nothing, ya know?
    Online Garage Sale
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning Ladies!!!

Sooo, not much going on for tonight, but tomorrow is the SU/Nova game and Im freakin pumped!! Im not really sure why everyone is so hyped up about it, I mean...its not last years game and situation (which btw I was at! Sec 213, Row D!!) Sorry, slight AW moment! Laughing But either way, it'll be a good game.

Saturdays early game, means early drinking, means long day of drinking, means Sunday is a hangover day. For Josh and I that usually means stumbling to breakfast then laying around the house all day and ordering Chinese for dinner. I love weekends! Of course Im stressing about the wedding so ill have to find something I can do from home in my sweats.

Monica, Congrats on the acceptance! Thats so exciting! I knew you were lookin but didnt know you made an offer!

Meaghan, I looove West Seneca! But I know its pricey. Good luck with your search!

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Monica - I totally agree, about the compromise thing. I personally would rather give up the large yard and walk our dog more often than give up the dining room since I will be hosting almost all the holiday get together's. The problem is FI doesn't think we should have to compromise at all! LOL Maybe you can talk some sense into him for me?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards