New York

The melting pot table theory

I have decided that people who don't rsvp by the rsvp date really, really annoy me!  So...I have decided that if you don't want to take the time to send out my ALREADY STAMPED rsvp back to me..then you are being seated at the "melting pot" table.  They may not be people you know, or even like..but all of you at that table have one thing in common....you didn't bother to send back your rsvp in time!! 

Yup...I am getting very, very evil lately!  Bridgettt...where's that quote again!??!?!?

Re: The melting pot table theory

• edited December 2011
    lol.  I actually tried doing tables more by common interest than by people who knew each other.  example, we had a table of young, fun single people, a table of young married couples, etc... it worked out pretty well.

Perhaps your table of people who have a lack-of-courtesy in common will see eye-to-eye.  lol
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • raes19raes19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lol my ten year old neice suggested we put the people we aren't particularly fond of all at one table. I swear, I'm not rubbing off on her at all Innocent
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • sbolger17sbolger17 member
    edited December 2011
    Haha!  People that don't RSVP are the worst!  My main culprits were my extended family.  I just don't get it.
    Anniversary
  • rsfan23rsfan23 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my FI wanted his uncle & aunt to have a table in another room by themselves...LOL I told him we couldn't, so I put them somewhere away from his family...of course we don't even know if they'll show up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    You might want to double check if in fact they didn't RSVP, when I called a few of my relatives they seemed shocked I hadn't gotten it as they had mailed it back almost immediately upon receiving the invite.  The post office isn't the most reliable thing sometimes :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_melting-pot-table-theory?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:f42db9c7-a41a-4b9d-b367-d5489ecdaa59Post:fd7038ec-58b6-4976-a4ca-a09dc0d8d8ff">Re: The melting pot table theory</a>:
    [QUOTE]You might want to double check if in fact they didn't RSVP, when I called a few of my relatives they seemed shocked I hadn't gotten it as they had mailed it back almost immediately upon receiving the invite.  The post office isn't the most reliable thing sometimes :)
    Posted by LarissaB[/QUOTE]

Good point but I must argue that I played the "damn post office" card when we decided to send out a few invites later than the rest. I would expect that people would do the same with the rsvps. I could totally see myself on the phone with the bride-to-be and cursing the mailman while digging for the rsvp I forgot about.

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Happily9Happily9 member
    edited December 2011
    Don't worry I did take those people into consideration...since my mom and his mom both insist that they sent theirs back, but we never received them.  This idea is more for those people who I called and asked and they said...i don't know...maybe.  Maybe?!?!?!? You've already had a month to decide...I NEEED TO KNOW! 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_melting-pot-table-theory?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:f42db9c7-a41a-4b9d-b367-d5489ecdaa59Post:0e18a8a1-d01d-4dd1-adcc-41ac2740fa2a">Re: The melting pot table theory</a>:
    [QUOTE]lol.  I actually tried doing tables more by common interest than by people who knew each other.  example, we had a table of young, fun single people, a table of young married couples, etc... it worked out pretty well. Perhaps your table of people who have a lack-of-courtesy in common will see eye-to-eye.  lol
    Posted by kevinandmonica2011[/QUOTE]

Monica I tried to do the same thing... business owners, younger people who are parents, winos, crotchety people, I even put together a table of people who were married at the same venue (years apart)!
    Photobucket
    image 169 Made the cut!
    image 137 Are ready to party! image29 Are missing out! image 3 Are making me crazy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards