New York

Make up

I'm trying to find a make up artist to do my make up on location the day of my wedding. If you ladies don't mind my asking, about how much did you pay for professional make up? I'm looking into booking Sara Lovell as she's been quite highly recommended, but she requires a $200 minimum. Is that fair? I don't think for myself that I would need $200 worth of make up (I really don't know much about make up. I wear mascara and sometimes some cover up and powder. Nothing else really). Should I ask my BM's if they'd like to utilize the professional to bump up to the minimum? Meaning, they could chose to pay to have their make up done and pay for themselves? Otherwise I planned on just letting them do their own. 

My other thought was to maybe hire one of my old college friends who sells Mary Kay. But I'd be skeptical of that. 
                                                                              Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Make up

• kks4471kks4471 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2012
    Sara Lovell drove to the Ramada Inn to do hair and makeup for myself and my two BMs.  She's a vendor who I give an A++ to.  The three of us have never felt so beautiful.  She did the airbrush foundation on me, which smoothed my skin and lasted all night long.  We absolutely loved our updo's too.  Our total was around $450, with her travel fee included.

You should talk with your BMs to see if they'd like their hair and makeup done.  I think that would be a big deciding factor with which MUA you would book.  Good luck!

Photobucket Anniversary
  • I'm definitely going to throw out the make up option to my BM's. I already have a hair stylist who will be on site and I'm paying to have everyones hair done. Your total price seems really reasonable. I'll have to give her a call sometime this week. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I used Angel Kennedy from Syracuse Makeup Artistry - I can not say enough good things about her! She was amazing, drove to me and was so encouraging throughout the entire trial & wedding day! I paid a total of 165 for both days!
  • bitofritsbitofrits member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    I used Innovations Day Spa with Jessica.  They go on site, but I didn't have them come on site for me.  It was $80 I believe, and it's another $25 for them to come to you.  I thought she did a great job.  The trial was... $65 or $70 I believe.  I did it the day of my bridal shower so I could "use it" for something.  They also offer non-airbrushing for $35 (with extra $25 for traveling).  My mother-in-law got that and I thought it looked very nice.  I guess the only bad thing with the regular makeup application is that the bridesmaids can't get a test run unless they go there any pay $35.  Good luck!
    My Attempted Wedding Blog - http://aroseywedding.blogspot.com/
  • Is that Innovations on the corner of 31 and 57 in Clay? is $25 the travel rate regardless of distance? I may have to call and find out. Sara Lovell's Saturday minimum is actually $500 plus $1 per minute travel distance (I'm getting married in Geneva, that'd be $120 in travel). It's way out of my budget, so I'm back to square one again. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_make-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:fa8e8fd3-54a2-4962-8b3e-3612685f3620Post:fff50a37-cc87-4b31-8ed9-0deca70fe5a3">Re: Make up</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is that Innovations on the corner of 31 and 57 in Clay? is $25 the travel rate regardless of distance? I may have to call and find out. Sara Lovell's Saturday minimum is actually $500 plus $1 per minute travel distance (I'm getting married in Geneva, that'd be $120 in travel). It's way out of my budget, so I'm back to square one again. 
    Posted by cnf2013[/QUOTE]

Ouch, Sara must have increased her minimum, because it was $200 for me.  The Innovations salon on route 31/57 looks great, but extremely busy.  Their parking lot was always packed when I used to drive by there on Saturdays.  You should talk with them asap to get information!
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • I'm using Valerie M. Demino. She's very reasonably priced, has great reviews, and travels to Geneva. I'm sorry that I don't remember minimum and pricing details.
  • I'm using Riki Lebied
    A ton of people I know used her and LOVED HER.

www.syracusemakeupartistry.com
    221 Invited image
    185 Ready to Rock! image
    36 Party Poopers image
    0 Can't find the mailbox image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards