• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
New York-Western

Ceremony Ideas...

Hey ladies...so after almost a year of being engaged the FI and I FINALLY set a date!! :) We're looking at either the 14 or 15 of May...of this year :) ...yeah yeah short and crazy I know..but its a long story.
We are both from the Buffalo area originally and now live 2 hours south of San Antonio Texas. We were ready to just go to the courthouse down here and get married by ourselves but my future father in law is pretty sick and we both felt that he would be really hurt if he wasn't at his son's wedding. So..we want to basically do something small and easy in WNY. We are looking into the Water Street Landing in Lewiston for our reception. They've been great on the phone and our parents are going to have dinner there this weekend to check out the food and location. Has anyone ever been here? Thoughts?

Now we need to find a ceremony location. We dont really want a church wedding but if it was in a chuch/chapel that is non-denominational that would be okay. Also does anyone have suggestions on how to find a minister to perform the service? I would like something outdoors but the FI doesn't because he is afraid he is going to get sunburned if its super sunny out (he wears 100spf regularly lol). So something that was covered or indoors is fine. Just for the ceremony?
Just looking for ideas. Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ceremony Ideas...

• degreadegrea member
    2500 Comments
    edited December 2011
    WOW! I hope everything comes together for you. As far as getting a sunburn in Buffalo, NY on May 14/15 chances of that are highly unlikely. You probably have a better chance of snow than sunny hot day. It will most likely be raining.  I would to have the ceremony where you are having the reception or at a near by park with a lodge or gazebo. I am not familiar with Lewiston area so not much help there, but ask your parents or google. As far as finding minister you could google that or call the court house for justice of the peace. Good luck!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • edited December 2011
    Lol I'm not the one worried about the sunburn, fiance is which is weird because we've been in South Texas for 3 years (where you can sunburn any day of the year) ..I think he forgets its different back home :)
    I really like the gazebo/lodge idea but its hard to google and come up with results. We just want something simple for the ceremony, there is a place in the Falls that has kind of a package deal and you can get married in the garden by the Falls. It was our first idea but then we started looking into other things but I think with our timeframe we might be getting to caught up in the detail, we were just ready to get married at a courthouse so anything is an upgrade :)
    Thanks for the ideas!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • degreadegrea member
    2500 Comments
    edited December 2011
    I did some googling. Slow day today! You might found the two website below helpful.

http://www.townoflewiston.us/rec.htm

http://www.niagarariverregion.com/
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • edited December 2011

Thank you! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • gymbugmj2kgymbugmj2k member
    500 Comments Fourth Anniversary 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    i've been to WaterStreet Landing for a wine tasting dinner a year or two ago with my graduate school group.  I had nothing to do with planning the event, but there were about 8 tables of students.  Food was exceptional, and the service/explanations of wine were great too.  they really put together a nice event.  The room we were seated in had a great view of the water too.  There is a tiny grassy area next door which MIGHT work??  Otherwise, I would use google to find a ceremony location.

• edited December 2011
    Water street landing is gorgeous and has the most delicious food ever!  You have to try the pork tenderloin dish, Its the best thing I ever ate!!!!!  

I had my graduation party there back when it was the riverside inn.... so good.   

however, im not terribly certain where you could get married near there, there is a cute pocket park on the main street there, another option might be somewhere at artpark
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards