New York-Western

Ceremony Music

We are getting married outdoors (weather permitting) in June this year at Asa Ransom in Clarence, NY.  Would anyone have ideas or suggestions as to music for the wedding?  I will have a matron of honor & my stepdaughter with 2 kids then me in the processional.  I was originally thinking ipod, but now maybe a violinist?  Any suggestions & knowledge of prices to just do that?  Thanks!

BFP 1/21/11...Missed Miscarriage 3/16/11...D&C 3/18/11

Re: Ceremony Music

• jed15jed15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having noteworthy intervals, located in Williamsville. We are having a flute, violin and cello for 20 minutes before the ceremony, the ceremony and 1 hour afterwards for cocktail hour. The approximate price is $500. IMO, live music is much more special than an ipod for one of the most important walks of your life :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jennl53jennl53 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are hiring a string quartet from the Suzuki Strings school.  It's 360 for 2 hours.  they are students but they played last year at a friends wedding and they are wonderful.
  • vegasdvegasd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were going to use the String Brothers for our wedding, but ended up going in a different direction. They have a bunch of different folks that play a variety of instruments and were pretty reasonably priced. We were going to have a saxophonist for an hour at our cocktail hour and it was only going to cost like $100!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "All love that has not friendship for its base is like a mansion built upon the sand." Marrying my best friend on 9.10.10
  • edited December 2011
    Ok thanks...believe me I didn't want to use an ipod.  We are just in a bad spot financially right now.  We are lucky enough to have found someone thats going to play for us as a gift.  It made me cry when I found out:)
    BFP 1/21/11...Missed Miscarriage 3/16/11...D&C 3/18/11
  • edited December 2011
    Anyone know of anyone who plays the guitar/sings?
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would also like to reccommend checking out local high school. They are some very talented kids out there that might be willing to do this for far less than a "professional" Just a thought!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards