New York-Western

Peonies

Has anyone used peonies at their wedding or are planning on using them?  I am using them in my bouquet as a long stem free flowing bouquet. My florist said her wholesaler told her they are delicate flowers and my shatter during shipping. She is going to have hydrangea's on hand as a back up plan. I really want the peonies and was wondering if anyone had this problem or was told this too?

Re: Peonies

• WNYfanWNYfan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning on using them for my bouquet (talked to two florists about a year ago), neither of which said anything about peonies being a problem.  They did tell me that tulips wouldn't work for bouts, so I imagine they would have said something if they thought there'd be an issue with the peonies.  I'm going with Lipanoga in Clarence.
  • edited December 2011
    That seems kinda crazy to me.  I'm not using them but I've seen them in arrangements not smashed.  I would look around she probably doesn't know what she is talking about.  Besides, hydragea sounds like a bad back up plan since they don't look anything like peonies.  If I were you I'd keep looking.
  • ZoolooZooloo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using peonies and was not told this.  They are in season locally at the time of my wedding, however, I don't know that they need to be shipped any great distance.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Our Planning Bio - A Total Work in Progress...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards